Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: No start, then start

Advanced Tuner
    put a stock ls2 back in and sell it. hehehe ill take the 408 off your hands. btw, why are you running a double roller anyways? put the stock shit back in with a c5r chain, you're not going to break it. well maybe with those Hercules springs, but there is a first for everything!!

FYI: I ran a Casper cam sensor harness to the sensor in the rear or the block (3rd gen iron block) and the double start issue gone. So even though I wasn't getting a cam sensor code, something was borked with the front cam sensor or front cover or double roller timing chain set.
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

Soooooo, I got rid of this by using the rear cam sensor in the LQ block. But then I cracked that block and am now on an LSX and forced to use the front cover cam sensor again. double start is back. And this time I'm using stock LS2 timing gears. So although there are no cam codes there has to be something up with the cam sensor or the short harness that goes up the timing cover. The main harness was used in conjunction with a Casper extension to run the rear sensor on the LQ so I know it's good. I ordered a new cam sensor and harness today. Will see.

PS: HPT Search function still sucks. I had to use the google to find this thread. SMH
    Bill Winters

Did the new sensor and harness fix this. Also do tell us how you split a LQ block

Something was wrong with the ground from the cam sensor back to the PCM so I had to ground it to the block which fixed the cam sensor codes and double start issue.

25# of boost and a 100 shot (~1100 RWHP) did it.
    Bill Winters