Thread: NOOB ? Stock 09 HHR SS?

NOOB ? Stock 09 HHR SS?

Under warranty for a while
    Is the only thing that I can do is have Gm add the GMTU gm turbo upgrade?
    I have been told it will up my auto from 235 in 1st and second,250 hp in third to 290hp across the board and possibly get better MPG?
    Anything else that can be done instead of this under warranty?
    Can I add a HPTUNER on top of this later or is that just a waste and will it void the warranty?
    Any help or advice would be great.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    welcome to the forum
    i would recomend having it hp tuned first. the gm kit includes 3 bar map sensor wich are nice but the factory ones will read to 23psi which is plenty for the factory turbo since its max range is 24 psi and even at 23 it has a choking effect to airflow past 5500rpm. and if your worried about warranty, you save your vehicles specific ecm factory file and keep it seperate so whenever you wish you go back to stock.

another thing you can do is keep the factory tune but add 3 bar map sensors without the gm reflash. for some reason the gm flash has more turbo safties installed and by reprograming the factory file to acept the new 3bars you will have less trouble with traction control systems kicking in.
    and im sure you will see closer to 300 whp tuned with hpt. the cool part is the gm kit and hptune can be installed or done at any time you wish. you can hpt first gm kit second.....or gm kit first hpt second. and hpt tunes usually get more mgp than the gm kit when done correctly.

Alex
    Last edited by cobaltssoverbooster; 04-11-2012 at 12:17 PM.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman