Thread: Ford 5.4L Tunes (ranting)-(hoping)

Potential Tuner

Ford 5.4L Tunes (ranting)-(hoping)

Part of the reason I bought this tuner was so that I'd be able to log into the repository and nab a few other people's tunes and try them out as part of spending over $500 for the hardware/software. Is there a conspiracy going on with the repository? Deleting all the nice tunes from staying on the list? I just can't see how there isn't even 1 tuned 5.4L (or 4.6L) Triton engine for any year model on the list. Is it because they wanna sell the How to Guides? I don't know man.

I know once I set my tune the way I like it I'll be the first to upload and put a description of what I did and what I got from it once I tune the 08 Ford F250 I'm getting shortly. I'm not even gonna do much to it, but I'd still rather enjoy seeing a few tweaked tunes in the repository from the Ford owners. I don't need a damn stock file!

If anybody feels me, it'd be nice to see some posts with Ford 5.4 tunes. Post em' or stick em' in the repository! I can't be alone here... This aughtta be the "Google of Toones!"

Advanced Tuner
    so you have no idea what your doing, think you can just scab other peoples work and use it as your own?

Potential Tuner
    Actually, I know what I'm doing. I tuned my GMC Sierra. It was a 4.3 so of course there were no tunes for it.

All I'm asking is for more 5.4 posts. There aren't any. I can't be the only Ford F250 owner with a gas engine out there. There are many other posted engine tunes on the rep. As I said, I'll be posting mine for the Ford 5.4 as soon as I tune it. Whether it be a little or a lot of changes. I'm not greedy and don't want to hoard my "work". It doesn't bother me to share or help somebody out.

Everybody can learn from each others tunes and modify them how they want to. Calm down a little, it's not the end of the world!

Not looking to argue here, keep it to the subject. If you want to argue, PM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    No conspiracy, the repository is customer supplied, if no customers upload their tunes it is what it is.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by oxphatxo View Post
    Actually, I know what I'm doing. I tuned my GMC Sierra. It was a 4.3 so of course there were no tunes for it.
    if you knew what you were doing you wouldnt be asking for everyones tunes...

Potential Tuner
    I know what I'm doing. I'm helping the entire Ford community. More tunes for more engines in the repository only helps the community and would only probably be beneficial to the HP Tuner business. Why the hell is there a repository with all kinds of users tunes in it if there was something wrong with "scabbing" them?

Anyway, if Bill says there's no conspiracy then great. I'll be the first to post into the 5.4 Triton engine category.

Judging by how many views this post has had, I'd say there's gotta be a demand for it. Hopefully in the future there will be a range to choose from for people who've stumbled onto this thread.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by oxphatxo View Post
    I know what I'm doing. I'm helping the entire Ford community. More tunes for more engines in the repository only helps the community and would only probably be beneficial to the HP Tuner business. Why the hell is there a repository with all kinds of users tunes in it if there was something wrong with "scabbing" them?

Anyway, if Bill says there's no conspiracy then great. I'll be the first to post into the 5.4 Triton engine category.

Judging by how many views this post has had, I'd say there's gotta be a demand for it. Hopefully in the future there will be a range to choose from for people who've stumbled onto this thread.
    well ... post the tune, help the community and if you have questions, ask.

You don't need any tune from 5.4 to learn, here's enough data on this forum to read and learn, here's lot of 4.6 tunes with stock to compare, if You read this all spend many hours on Your car for testing many configurations as I did, you will see You don't need one.

What You don't find here is how to tune TB and ETC, and this You will not find in any place, it's tabu. But if you start testing, ECT comes easy, but You need SCT for logging. It can't be done with HPT (logging).
    Eastern and Central Europe American Muscle and Harley-Davidson tuning
    www.hd-customs.pl
    http://www.facebook.com/hdcustomspl