Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FPCM is making my life miserable.

Mmmm, I took the easy way out on this one. Don't know if it will work yet or not but it should.

I simply cut the gray wire and ran another one to the misc ignition source in the fusebox with an additional circuit carrier and 30 AMP fuse. Pulled the FPCM fuse and it seems to be working well for now. No hot circuits or anything, no starting problems, and it's 58psi at key on. I turned the fuel pressure all the way up to 90 psi and held it for 2 minutes on a single pump with no issues. Will continue to test.
    Gray Ghost- The abomination. 2007 Chevrolet Silverado CCSB. 98mm turbo, nitrous, 428LSX, Rossler 80E with a brake. Finally finished. 23 psi, no numbers, Slow as hell.

PBM G8- Aluminum 364, twin Precision 67/66 turbos, 6L90 trans swap, CTS-V/Vaporworx fuel system, slowly making progress.

Dads 2011 CTS-V- Stock bottom end, stock heads, LS9 cam, pullies, ported blower, ported TB, D3 goodies, and lots of nitrous.
    618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Caterpillar 50 Forklift- Duramax swap

Quote Originally Posted by ProTools4 View Post
    process to delete FPCM with return fuel system
    Unpluged the FPCM
    *under the bed of the trucks above the spare
    *passenger side rear seat under the quarter window on the 5thgen camaro
    Large Pins 47 & 16 with around 10 gauge wire supply ground and power to the pump
    ground is Pink ...WTF~!
    Depin the connector and repin for new weather pack relay
    Pin 13 Dark Green / white stripe is the trigger form the PCM key hot.
    in HPT turn off P0230 and U0109

The relay FPCM delete worked great
    truck dynoed great
    customer has a big smile
    life is good
    NotoriouSS TAD
    DATLS7N 73' Datsun 620 LS7/HNC/TR6060/4.10/T2/2450lbs/603RWHP
    J5 - 96' Impala SS - 4700lb autocross machine
    Langston - 96' Caprice 9C1 Beater
    Rosie - 67' El Co - race truck w/ plates
    Wall-E - 21' Tesla Model 3P

Advanced Tuner
    Will no fpcm cause a no start isue on a e67?

Quote Originally Posted by ProTools4 View Post
    here is my controbution

test car
    2010 Silverado 2-wheel drive 5.3
    LSX376 w/ cogged 2300 Maggy
    walbro 400 pump
    AN send return fuel lines w/ rising rate adj return reg

process to delete FPCM with return fuel system
    Unpluged the FPCM
    *under the bed of the trucks above the spare
    *passenger side rear seat under the quarter window on the 5thgen camaro
    Large Pins 47 & 16 with around 10 gauge wire supply ground and power to the pump
    ground is Pink ...WTF~!
    Depin the connector and repin for new weather pack relay
    Pin 13 Dark Green / white stripe is the trigger form the PCM key hot.

in HPT turn off P0230 and U0109

go make power!
    Old thread but quick question, which pin (15 or 32) from the FPCM would you use to switch to pin 47 for pump power at the new Relay. Is pin 13 from the ecm enable on a low (gnd) or a high (+12v) and will it drive the relay direct?

thanks,

Ed M
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mowton; 06-18-2017 at 05:13 AM.
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by mowton View Post
    Old thread but quick question, which pin (15 or 32) from the FPCM would you use to switch to pin 47 for pump power at the new Relay. Is pin 13 from the ecm enable on a low (gnd) or a high (+12v) and will it drive the relay direct?

thanks,

Ed M
    In running some diagnostics on other units with this FPCM, the pin 13 is a power signal from the ecm. Still unclear on exactly what it does that a communication signal couldn't do, or even the need for the UART on this module.

To answer though, I would put pin 32 to pin 47 and use pin 15 to drive the relay. That way the under hood power center sees everything as normal.

Chris
    Last edited by Rocko350; 06-19-2017 at 05:41 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Thank you guys I really needed some of this info!

Potential Tuner

Low fuel pressure issues

Quote Originally Posted by scooter k View Post
    I'm running a dual pump setup on an 08. I'm using the racetronix harness and relays to power the pumps. Also bought a transistor from ADM performance to use low voltage power from the ECM to trigger a low voltage relay which triggers the racetronix relay. Remove the fuse for the FPCM and tune on the communication codes. Works great. I've got a wiring diagram around here some where of how I wired everything. ADM has used the transistor in the past to defeat the FPCM on the 2010+ camaros.
    Hi there I know this post is really old but I?m having trouble with my FPCM I recently purchased a racetronix harness and was wondering if you still had the wiring diagram for the same set up I have a 2008 Silverado with a walbro 450 fuel pump and throwing low fuel pressure. Any insight on what I need to do would be greatly appreciate it. Thank you so much in advance.