Thread: 2011 Suburban FSCM Question

Tuner in Training

2011 Suburban FSCM Question

I apologize in advance if this is a dumb question.

I am trying to help my neighbor diagnose his 2011 Chevy Suburban, it has a P0300 code. I noticed in process that it never goes from V8 to V4 and I decided to pull the tune to take a look, while reading the tune I noticed the FSCM said CTS-V. Is this normal or does this indicate a changed component.

Here is the screenshot
    Screenshot 2021-01-17 162710.jpg

I know this isn't a diag thread, but since I anticipate multiple questions.

1. Checked Fuel Pressure
    2. Data logged and misfires mostly occurred on Cyl 5, with misfires on 3 and 7. I swapped 1 and 5 coil packs with no change. The most recently test drive had them mostly occurring on Cyl 6, with some on other cylinders.
    3. He had put plugs, wires, and a few coil packs on before he brought it to me.
    4. On 2-3 occasions I have got a Cyl 5 misfire and once I got a Cyl 6 misfire.

Feel free to PM me, I have some theories, but wouldn't mind bouncing off someone.

All that said, I just wanted to confirm if it saying FSCM is from CTS-V is normal or something is changed.

Advanced Tuner
    I think its normal, I think its just because HP Tuners didn't know anything else to call the model number of that FSCM other than it comes on those year model CTSV's.

That being said, I didn't think the GMT-900s had FSCMs? I thought they just had regular fuel pumps driven by a regulator? or either they had fuel pumps with no regulator but driven by a PWM signal from the PCM?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by cmitchell17 View Post
    I think its normal, I think its just because HP Tuners didn't know anything else to call the model number of that FSCM other than it comes on those year model CTSV's.

That being said, I didn't think the GMT-900s had FSCMs? I thought they just had regular fuel pumps driven by a regulator? or either they had fuel pumps with no regulator but driven by a PWM signal from the PCM?
    Thank you.

Tuner in Training
    Not sure if it's relevant, but it is a flex fuel.

It's normal. I've had a 2010 Sierra 5.3, 2011 Sierra Denali, and 2011 Escalade all say the same for the FSCM. Never messed with it in the tune. IIRC, GM trucks are notorious for them getting corroded and ruined due to the location under the bed being a crap and corrosion magnet.

I remember chasing a similar problem on my 2010 5.3, but don't recall what the fix ultimately was. It was an AFM/VVT delete cammed truck that was 'tooned', and I had to clean up the mess. I do recall if it followed a coil swap around, it was the coil getting ready to head South.
    Hawk

Potential Tuner
    I am going to go delete my thread as I am wondering why my 2011 suburban say cts-v