Thread: Pulling timing for Nitrous. 2002 Z06

Potential Tuner

Pulling timing for Nitrous. 2002 Z06

I have seen some threads and they say to adjust the IAT tables or go to ENG > Spark > High Octane.

Is there a better way to do this? The threads I was finding were kind of old, both on LS1Tech and here. I have the Beta if that makes a difference.

I plan on pulling 6 degrees for spray then adding/subtracting accordingly accord to the timing line on the plugs.

Pics or videos would be GREAT!

Thanks in advance,
    Hippo

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by FuglyHippo View Post
    I have seen some threads and they say to adjust the IAT tables or go to ENG > Spark > High Octane.

Is there a better way to do this? The threads I was finding were kind of old, both on LS1Tech and here. I have the Beta if that makes a difference.

I plan on pulling 6 degrees for spray then adding/subtracting accordingly accord to the timing line on the plugs.

Pics or videos would be GREAT!

Thanks in advance,
    Hippo
    Use the "resistor Mod" search on LS1tech for it.

Then you use a different table to pull the timing. Not the main spark tables.

It's the IAT Spark adder table. Read the "Resistor Mod" stuff and it will make sense.

I use this for my 02 Z06. Works great and you see timing being pulled with the scanner so you can see it's working.

Potential Tuner
    I thought the resistor mod only worked up to 2.5 degrees? That's what I read.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by FuglyHippo View Post
    I thought the resistor mod only worked up to 2.5 degrees? That's what I read.
    That's on F-Body Camaros. If you can edit the IAT vs. Spark adder table then you can pull what ever you want when resistor triggers the IAT you want. I pull 9 degrees by putting -9 in the cells I want at the temp i want. In my case 204 degrees.