Thread: tune ve/pe table

tune ve/pe table

ok this is a speed density tune, but my question is the
    tune, the pe table is set almost lamba acoss the board and never have seen this way before are they dialing in the ve and making correction with the pe ?

normall you set pe to what you want say 12.8 then dial in either maf and or ve for target afr ??
    Tuner 1 day

Advanced Tuner
    Who are "they"?

Yes, you set the PE where you want it, turn off other adders/modifiers, and dial in the fueling.

Advanced Tuner
    my guess is your IFR table is all jacked up then if PE is flat across the board.
    98 - z/28 Twin TC76's l forged 347 l boost cam l moser 9" l th400
    07.5 - GMC Sierra 2500HD D-Max daily
    09 - G8 GT wifes daily

Tuner in Training
    I always flat line p/e and use the v/e to fine tune

Quote Originally Posted by cpr-performance View Post
    I always flat line p/e and use the v/e to fine tune
    Yes but you set your pe to desired afr then adjust ve they have the pe table at stoich across the board.... typically i set my afr target say 12.8 in pe then refine my ve and or maf depending on what im doing

Or are you saying you set your pe to lamba and totally tune from ve
    Tuner 1 day

birthplace of GM- Flint, MI where the water is heavy
    No he's saying tune your ve correctly first that way pe is what afr value you set it for (pe=power enrichment).

Tuner in Training
    Set your PE to whatever you want it at, if it's 12.8 then set it to 1.15 or something close to that.

Then log your air fuel ratio, AFR commanded, and AFR error and keep adjust the VE table until you are getting 1.0 in partial throttle, idle, and cruise and whatever you ended up setting your PE to in WOT

Quote Originally Posted by Milan View Post
    Set your PE to whatever you want it at, if it's 12.8 then set it to 1.15 or something close to that.

Then log your air fuel ratio, AFR commanded, and AFR error and keep adjust the VE table until you are getting 1.0 in partial throttle, idle, and cruise and whatever you ended up setting your PE to in WOT
    Yes that is what i typically do, but working with another tuner at a shop and here is my basic setup car is setup pretty much race

And what he says or has done is tuned VE and hit our afr Then uses the pe to refine afr i have never seen done like this so is it better to do in a race application ? It is a speed density open loop setup

Im goona verify afr reading later this week then play with pe to see what changes go on
    Tuner 1 day

Quote Originally Posted by 1FastLS View Post
    Yes that is what i typically do, but working with another tuner at a shop and here is my basic setup car is setup pretty much race

And what he says or has done is tuned VE and hit our afr Then uses the pe to refine afr i have never seen done like this so is it better to do in a race application ? It is a speed density open loop setup

Im goona verify afr reading later this week then play with pe to see what changes go on
    Short cut AKA PE table raping! Your PE table should not be used to add fuel, only to tell the computer what AFR you want so it can command it. The VE table is what you use for fuel tuning and to adjust the AFR to match your commanded. If I remember right dont certain PCMs not use the PE table in open loop?
    HP-Unlimited Tuning and Custom Fabrication
    Houston area performance parts dealer
    MD800 Mustang Dyno 713-560-3889 Taylor
    2016 Camaro A8 "shop car" FIRST 6th GEN CAMARO OVER 200mph IN THE MILE 203.5mph

Tuner in Training
    I flatline p/e to about 12.5-12.8, and make the curve straight with the v/e

Tuner in Training
    alot of people straighten the curve with p/e, which I frown upon