Thread: Anyone familiar with trifecta?

Potential Tuner

Anyone familiar with trifecta?

I have a friend that want to have his 2011 V6 camaro tuned but the only tuner available seem to be a guy name vince with trifecta. I've heard that trifecta been involved alot with LNF tuning so maybe some of you guys can help me. I am hearing lots of mixed things about this guy from his after service not being so good to his tunes being 1 for all. Some peoples are going as far as saying that he has blown couple LNF's. Should I just tell my friend to wait until the end of the year until HPT support his V6 camaro or is all of this just BS and I should recommend it to him?

Thanks in advance guys

Don't tell him to wait for HPT to support it. Look around here, because of the Dodge project there are alot of pcm/OS's being left behind and the Bosch system I would seriously expect to be a while. The Trifecta guy is a true genius. He has made some good numbers with these cars that he supports, but as is the case with most computer geniuses their biggest challenge is knowing as much about the car as they do about the code in the computers used to run them. Vince is a great guy to deal with and his customer service issue only comes from being a very busy guy. However, at work when we had a customer with a 2011 Camaro that needed tuning work (Vince had previously mail order tuned it) we didn't send the pcm back to him, we bought the software to just do it ourselves/me. For a stock or close to stock vehicle Vince should be able to handle the car just fine. He would be better off trying to find a shop that owns the Trifecta software and has someone competent enough to get the job done right. The automatic V6 cars really get a noticable gain in tuning the TCM which as far as I'm aware doesn't come with the mail order from Vince. When I posted about tuning the trans in the V6 cars on the Camaro 5 forum it almost seemed like nobody had even heard of it. Finding someone who owns the Trifecta software to tune the ECM and other software such as EFI Live or Tunercat to tune the TCM on a dyno will get him very good results from a damn fine engine. This does bring up another question though, when will HPT offer Trans tuning seperate as EFI Live and Tunercat has.