Thread: Spark KR fix

Tuner in Training

Spark KR fix

Solstice, Trying to get rid of some spark knock going up a hill.. see attached files, 1:12 mark..

MAF shows 4900 Hz at 2270 RPM. If I try to repair I choose 3.79 g/sec, convert using 15/RPM (3.79*15/2270) and get .025 g/cyl.

that's too small for my main spark table...

what am I doing wrong?

Attachment 33696

Attachment 33697

Attachment 33698
    |2009 G8GT|418 LS3|headers|vararam|patriot gold|self-ported L92s|dod delete|custom "Mr. Miyagi" cam|

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    edit: poor eyesight on my behalf

you need to make a custom histogram in the scanner that is setup with the exact same axis as the editor main spark tables.
    there should be no reason to convert.
    plot main sensor= kr
    x axis= rpm
    y axis= cylinder airmass with values displayed in g/cyl
    ill see if i can make a custom histo to load real quick here if not ill post the pid/sensor you need to use.

ok in attached picture the background histogram is what yours should look like. the graph settings are in the front and i could only display 1 tab at a time so there are 2 pics. the second tab sets the chart axis up and yours should look like the picture. the first tab sets up the plot.....i altered one of my other histos so do note you can name the histo whatever you wish.

i attached the histo i threw together so see if it works. if it doesnt then you might need to log cylinder airmass on table primary if you can find it as an option.
    Last edited by cobaltssoverbooster; 04-25-2012 at 06:26 PM.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Tuner in Training
    thank you for your time and help. I will test. I recognize you as one of the leading contributors.

any input on my conversion issue??
    |2009 G8GT|418 LS3|headers|vararam|patriot gold|self-ported L92s|dod delete|custom "Mr. Miyagi" cam|

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    thank you! i will be fair though. i more help people understand than figuring out new tuning secrects since i dont have a dyno.
    my take on why yours might be off.....the cylinder airmass is a internally calculated value which is most likely affected by maf, map, intake and ambient air temps, as well as barometric pressure. with any of those values changing a little you can end up with a skewed result and that is probably how the ecu sees it. you might have to research a more detailed conversion
    Last edited by cobaltssoverbooster; 04-26-2012 at 07:23 AM.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman