Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scan 96-97 LT1

Tuner
    Did you look into the 411 PCM swap then the car can be tuned with hp tuners and u can junk the opti spark and just go dis did the swap on my 95 lt1 and love it

Quote Originally Posted by Montecarlodrag View Post
    I have not swapped any Impala, but Fbodies work with stock knock sensors and no other changes than the PCM. I have done a few and the knock sensors, speedo and everything works good.
    Just an FYI - to make it work right, you do need to add a resistor to the knock sensor input pins on the PCM or you will get Knock Sensor error codes... Or you could change the knock sensors but that's allot of work and messy. Without the resistors knock still works but you get an error code, you could disable the code... or do it right. Just pull the 95 ECU cover off, add the resistors across the knock sensor inputs. That's it!

http://www.z28.com/threads/obd1-resistor-mod.141119/
    2010 Camaro LS3 (E38 ECU - Spark only). MS3X running complete RTT fuel control (wideband).
    Whipple 2.9L, 3.875" Pulley, kit injectors, supplied MSD Boost-A-Pump, stock pump
    LG Motorsports 1 7/8" Headers - No Cats, stock mid pipe with JBA Axle Back
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

I have done it both ways to several cars and all of them worked the same.
    At first I installed the resistor to the PCM, but I stopped doing that because I found that just turning the code off gives the same results. The knock sensors work good in both cases

Quote Originally Posted by 10_SS View Post
    Just an FYI - to make it work right, you do need to add a resistor to the knock sensor input pins on the PCM or you will get Knock Sensor error codes... Or you could change the knock sensors but that's allot of work and messy. Without the resistors knock still works but you get an error code, you could disable the code... or do it right. Just pull the 95 ECU cover off, add the resistors across the knock sensor inputs. That's it!

http://www.z28.com/threads/obd1-resistor-mod.141119/
    Last edited by Montecarlodrag; 10-11-2014 at 04:28 PM.
    9 sec Montecarlo SS