Thread: 2010 Camaro LS3 E38 swapped to backup E38, acting weird.

2010 Camaro LS3 E38 swapped to backup E38, acting weird.

Hi, I have a 2010 Camaro LS3 manual and got a second "Camaro" E38 from ebay that was listed for "2009 2010 2011 ECM Camaro LS3 L99 Escalade E38 12633238"

I told him I needed it for a 2010 Camaro LS3 with OS 12637084, and this is what showed up according to HPTuners. The Service # on the back matches my original ECU #12633238 and E38 but all of the other letters/numbers are different.

At first, I plugged it in and could not get VATS to relink, so I disabled it and had to disable all of the starter checks including clutch interlock to get it to crank and start. It seems to start and run ok but have not driven it.

Since doing this, my dash coolant gauge is wrong, it shows much hotter than actual, and I get an "AC Disabled due to high coolant temp" error. This did not occur before flashing the ECU myself with the VATS disabled, starter/clutch checks disabled.

I dont think I did anything wrong but can someone please explain where the problem is? Is the problem with the ECU or is it HPTuners? I already cant use the stand alone datalogging and now this.

1) VATS will not link, and have to disable all checks to get it to start. I tried both methods, the 2 min method and the 30 min method.
    2) Dash coolant gauge reads hot, and gets hotter as it warms up. The scanner shows normal coolant temps.

Because of these problems Im afraid to try flashing the stock ECU and is why I tried a backup ECU.

I'm on beta 2.23.536 and just bought the interface brand new.

Attached is the file as read from the ECU.

Thanks!!
    Last edited by 10_SS; 04-01-2012 at 11:11 AM.

Try disconnecting the battery for 30 seconds. I have to do that with my '10 Camaro after a reflash.

Did you do a write entire? Does the VIN match your car?

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Yes the VIN matches and I wrote entire every time.

I will try the 30 second batt disconnect.. that's the one thing I havent done.

But I also keep getting this "AC Disabled due to high coolant temp", but the coolant temps arent high.

The stock ECU has no problems.

The coolant temp thing happens to me on reflash sometimes. It seems random. I ignore it.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 10_SS View Post
    Yes the VIN matches and I wrote entire every time.

I will try the 30 second batt disconnect.. that's the one thing I havent done.

But I also keep getting this "AC Disabled due to high coolant temp", but the coolant temps arent high.

The stock ECU has no problems.
    Do you get this after a write calibration as well? Seems to be par for the course with 2010 Camaro's and HPTuners...friends have told me it's a non-issue with other software they have.

Quote Originally Posted by DSteck View Post
    The coolant temp thing happens to me on reflash sometimes. It seems random. I ignore it.
    Happens to me every time I flash my car.

Quote Originally Posted by brianko View Post
    Try disconnecting the battery for 30 seconds. I have to do that with my '10 Camaro after a reflash.
    I've found I can either wait about 15 minutes without unhooking the battery, or just literally unhook it, count to 3 and hook it back up...whatever it is, it appears to reset almost instantly when I pull the cable off the battery.

I use a spare ecu to do this on and have not tried this with the stock ecu.

Yes the spare ecu showed up preprogrammed with my vin and OS, and vats and AC disabled happened from the get go.

I flashed an older 2 bar able camaro OS to the backup ecu and still I get the same two problems, no vats and AC disabled.

Because of this I'm afraid to full flash the stock ecu due to these problems.

If I full flash the stock ecu I will have to relink vats right?