Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: new to tuning

Advanced Tuner
    Basically you need to read and learn a little and get an understand before you tune. Just randomly tuning and not knowing what you are doing is how you mess something up and cost more and more money. Its good to ask questions but I would create a tune, post it with a mod list, and ask if this seems correct.

Quote Originally Posted by johnjr49 View Post
    Thanks for the slap in the face there my dude. I didnt know it was against the rules for someone to learn about tuneing. Im sure you was in my shoes at one time or another.
    I would not call it a slap in the face, but more of a reality check.... It is evident you threw your brother's tune on your car. His tune is a fake 2.5 bar tune, with different injectors and pulley.... If you don't understand how to tune this PCM with a single bar MAP, you are definitely not going to understand how to tune a fake 2.5 bar tune... As for me being in your shoes at one time, YES I was.. I also did not have a forum to learn from. I learned from going to school, and working in a shop doing it. Point being, there alot of good tuners out there that still can't grasp this particular PCM...

P&P Tuning

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    i hate that pcm with a passion....
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by cobaltssoverbooster View Post
    i hate that pcm with a passion....
    I can make your life more easier with this pcm
    Boost Lover

Tuner in Training
    Not to be rude or a dick but instead of criticizing someone. You could of just pointed them into the right direction. Like i originaly said i dont know to much about all this tuneing stuff and i would love to learn on how to do everything properly. I know a lot on how to build motors and make them performe really good so now i would like to move my knowledge forward and learn all there is to know about pcm's and pcm tuneing. So please do not criticize.

Not to be rude or a dick but instead of criticizing someone. You could of just pointed them into the right direction. Like i originaly said i dont know to much about all this tuneing stuff and i would love to learn on how to do everything properly. I know a lot on how to build motors and make them performe really good so now i would like to move my knowledge forward and learn all there is to know about pcm's and pcm tuneing. So please do not criticize.
    I'm not being a dick... I'm being truthful... I did point you in the right direction... Contact the tuner who knows... He will teach you as he is doing it.

P&P Tuning

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by imphat0260 View Post
    I'm not being a dick... I'm being truthful... I did point you in the right direction... Contact the tuner who knows... He will teach you as he is doing it.
    Okay thanks and for the record i never called you a dick.

Okay thanks and for the record i never called you a dick.
    Its all good.... I'm just trying to be honest.

P&P Tuning

Ok make love or get out lol.

Yoeco - howso?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by imphat0260 View Post
    Its all good.... I'm just trying to be honest.
    I know and i appreciate you being ownist. And for me i just would like to learn and understand all about this tuneing program. i understand somethings but not everything. Thas why i try to ask question.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by yoecotec View Post
    I can make your life more easier with this pcm

Tuner in Training

And what pcm is that are you talking about?

babbalowe is probably asking for help understanding the 2.2 cav ecu since he may run into them doing ecotec buggy swaps.