Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new to tuning

Tuner in Training

new to tuning

Name is John if there is anyone that could help. I have a 03 chevy cavalier its supercharged i took a supercharger kit off a cobalt and put it on my car. Well i had my car tuned from a guy and i decided to purchase the tuner software so i could learn to tune my own car instead of paying someone. What im needing help on is that my car shuts off at lights and i upgraded to 60 pound injectors. And i was wanting to see if someone could help me with this.

You need to post your tune and a good log so the people familiar with the supercharger setups can have a look-see.
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel

You probably have the incorrect settings for your injectors and or your maf/ve tables are probably way off.

Quote Originally Posted by 06cobaltss/sc View Post
    You probably have the incorrect settings for your injectors and or your maf/ve tables are probably way off.
    There is only one injector setting(injector offset), and the car does not have a MAF.... Its an Alpha N File....

P&P Tuning

Tuner in Training
    I will post my tune some as i get a chance to so you or whoever can take a look at it. Like i was saying before the car runs and performance good but the car shuts off at stop lights or even just coming to a stop but if you just crank the car up it idles just fine. And i would like to calculate the tune for the 60 pound injectors. I am just a little confused on what to do to calculate the injectors and to stop having to shut off at lights or even coming to a stop. But i will post my tune so as i have a chance.
    And thank you for helping me with this problem.

You should have left the other ones in car till you were ready to fix tune. If you don't have time to mess with it you might swap others back in.

Tuner in Training
    This is my tune please take a look at it if you do not mind to do so and please help me with the car shutting of and hellp me on how to set the ijectors. Please let me know soon as posible. thanks

Your injector constant does not appear to be correct at all... Combine that with your idle VE table, I can see why you are having the issues...

READ THIS and it should help you get started...

P&P Tuning

Tuner in Training
    This might be a domb question to you but how do you do that exaclty and once i get the shuting off thing to stop shutting off what will i need to do to calibrate the 60 pound injectors.

Tuner in Training
    I understand on to recalibrate the injectors to the #60 inj. But can you explain on what you mean to combine the two inj constant and the ilde ve table?? Im sorry to seem so lost on all this but im new im still learning.

Senior Tuner
    Think what was meant that

With your Inj Constant being incorrect and also with your VE table being out of whack, there is no doubt you are having issues.

Tuner in Training
    If you dont mind me asking sense my injector constant is not correct and my ve table is out of whack what is the proper settings?

You will need to obtain the proper inj constant for your injectors. Usually found by the part number & manufacturer.

You have to tune in your VE table yourself after obtaining the proper inj info.
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel

Tuner in Training
    This is the info on my injectors. The info i need is which one 630 cc or 900 cc and how do i calculate either number to be my injector constant.

•Coil Resistance: 12.5 Ohms / High Impedance / High-Z (No ECM driver modifications required)
    •Static Flow Rate @ 43.5PSI ( 300kPa ) w/Gas: 60 lb/hr = 630 cc/min = 453 g/min
    •Static Flow Rate @ 87PSI ( 600kPa ) w/Gas: 85.7 lb/hr = 900 cc/min = 648 g/min
    •Gain: 0.11ms/mg
    •Offset: 0.055ms
    •Turn on time @ 14VDC: 1.14ms
    •Turn off time: 0.85ms @ 600KPa
    •Series: DEKA 4 ( DEKA IV )
    •Orifice Type: Multi-orifice
    •Spray Pattern: 30 Degree Spray Cone
    •Factory fitted with Viton upper and lower o-rings

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    if your fuel rail pressure is 43.5 psi then you are going to use the 60lb 630cc value.
    the 87psi is a maximum flow capacity test which you will probably not use.

i would find the injector constant excel file or what will most likely happen is one of these cool as f* bastards will drop it in here for you 8) plug in if not already in the file that you have 60lb injectors and then you just put all of the values listed into the proper editor tables and go from there.
    Last edited by cobaltssoverbooster; 04-10-2012 at 04:12 PM.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Not sure what that spreadsheet is (the link is broken), but the formula to get the correct injector constant is --- (old /or stock injector flow / new injector flow)*old injector constant = new injector constant. For example, the GM LD9 S/C Reflash uses 310cc injectors. The stock injector constant is .32359 . Lets say you want to throw a set if 440cc injectors in. (310/440=.70454) *.32359 = .22798 . This also works in lb/hr.

Another member make a nice spreadsheet also...

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37279

P&P Tuning

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    yea i had it up then realized it wasnt working like erroneous save....but that section was from another member. i take no credit it wasnt mine lol nice formula ima keep it somewhere safe.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Tuner in Training
    sense i know what cc's the injectors are how do i calculate the cc's to the other number i looked all through the tuner program and it dose not have a conversion chart for that.

Quote Originally Posted by johnjr49 View Post
    sense i know what cc's the injectors are how do i calculate the cc's to the other number i looked all through the tuner program and it dose not have a conversion chart for that.
    So just got an email and a phone call from from a good friend/fellow tuner. It appears you copied and flashed your brother's tune, which has different components.... After finding this out, and reading your posts, its obvious you have no clue what you are doing... With that being said, my advice is to pay the tuner to tune this, as this is not an "ordinary" tune, and you are in way over your head..

P&P Tuning

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the slap in the face there my dude. I didnt know it was against the rules for someone to learn about tuneing. Im sure you was in my shoes at one time or another.