Thread: 06 and 07classic silverado pcm...

Tuner in Training

06 and 07classic silverado pcm...

anyone ever applied the 2bar enhancement? it's rumored that these pcm's wont take a cos for 2 or three bar speed density by efilive tuners. It wants me to purchase 2 credits to apply it and I'd really like to know if it works first and get some feedback about it.

Tuner in Training
    great feedback!!!!

Which PCM is it? I'm not familiar with all the US stuff

If it's an E38, see here:

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14800

If it's a 0411 or P59 PCM then essentially you get ability to customise the MAP Sensor parameters, extended MAP axis on your traditional VE Table, Boost Enrichment and Dual Spark tables during SD Operation. There may be more and some searching of custom operating or enhanced operating systems or even VCM Enhancements may reveal further, however that's the basics of the top of my head.

To give some feedback, the E38 EnhOS is outstanding for a stack of reasons as found in the above link and very easy to use; just watch the default settings on the MAP sensor and for the Gen3s if you are able to apply it then it will work and should you need accurate airflow/airmass modelling in boost then that is the EnhOS for you. Why are you looking for the VCM Enhancement? I assume you're boosted?

Hope that helps.

Tuner in Training
    no this is a 512/1meg style computer for a 2006 silverado, I have the option to "enhance" to a two bar tune but I've heard tall tale that it doesnt work and is a waste of 100$