Thread: 13.5 commanded high res??

13.5 commanded high res??

When i try and work on my SD VE table my commanded afr high res is 13.5.When i go back in MAF mode my commanded AFR high res is 14.57. Is there something that i did wrong when i put my car in SD mode? I moved my high octane spark table to my low table. I disabled my CAT protection. I disabled mt STFT&LTFT, I set ,y IAt tabe to 284degrees. I also set mt MAF fail to "0" and set my P0103 to MIL 0 so i have check engine light on.I have been driving in MAF mode for 10-15 min B4 i go in to SD just so the car is nice and warm. Is thee someting i missed??? why on my scaner do i get 13.5-14.02 for my commanded AFR high res?? I can post a confg and a scan when i get home in the AM Thanks for any help

Tuner in Training
    Did you set the OL F/A vs Coolant Temps vs MAP table to all 1.00? If not when you are in OL it will be using these modfiers to adjust the fueling. In stock form it doesn't ever seem to be commanding 14.7 in OL, there is a modifier at work at all Temp and Map ranges. The table is in Engine>Fuel>Open & Closed Loop. It is the button that says EQ Ratio under Open Loop. Maybe this is the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by NBMLS2TA View Post
    Did you set the OL F/A vs Coolant Temps vs MAP table to all 1.00? If not when you are in OL it will be using these modfiers to adjust the fueling. In stock form it doesn't ever seem to be commanding 14.7 in OL, there is a modifier at work at all Temp and Map ranges. The table is in Engine>Fuel>Open & Closed Loop. It is the button that says EQ Ratio under Open Loop. Maybe this is the problem?
    No sir i did not. I only changed the ECT vs IAT table to 285. I will try changing this table in the morning. Is this a table that i need to save and change back when my VE table is done?

Tuner in Training
    If you are planning on running a MAF when you are done then I would say yes. Unforyunately I just finished tuning my car, VE OL SD, MAF OL, and was really excited about how good it felt during tuning. I put everything back to normal and enabled closed loop and it doesn't feel nearly as crisp or strong....maybe I can tweak a little more. That table just modifies fueling in open loop, once you reach closed loop it won't reference the table. If I can't get it to feel the way it did in OL SD I may have to remove the MAF completely.