Thread: IAC (idel Air Control )

Tuner in Training

IAC (idel Air Control )

So the idle air control valve I understand when its on a throttle body its a plunger motor which the pcm counts in steeps to let air in for idle conditions . Like on the c4 corvettes and some ls1 engines

What the hell I cant figure out for the life of me is on a C5 corvette with fly by wire TB. The right side is your TPS sensor, the left side is a servo motor that turns the plate.

In HP tuners Under Idle, Airflow , General there is a whole area for IAC settings , Where is it in the car or is the software just emulation it in the main servo motor steps. I can not see any way it could since nothing even comes closes to making logical sense on my gauges with temps times pressures ect

I have been tweeking these settings and have found good and bad with my issue of transition from closed throttle to 8-13 % TPS and 1-3% peddle position sensor

In hp tuner scanner I have a gauge set up that when cold starts around 220 then after running ends up around 125. While driving anywhere for 125 to 199 max ????
    Last edited by titanium_skeleton; 03-25-2012 at 11:34 PM.