Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: S/C LE5 tune

S/C LE5 tune

Is there a different OS for these cars when boosting them? 120kpa max on all the tables isnt working. Or are people just tuning on the last row of cells?
    HP-Unlimited Tuning and Custom Fabrication
    Houston area performance parts dealer
    MD800 Mustang Dyno 713-560-3889 Taylor
    2016 Camaro A8 "shop car" FIRST 6th GEN CAMARO OVER 200mph IN THE MILE 203.5mph

No special OS you just got to use what you got. I have done three already with no problems. Did two oem maps and one 2.5 map. Are you having a problem with something?

Well I was having a few issues earlier but it was a mechanicle problem. I went ahead and started tuning it straight maf. Seems to be coming together now. It scares me to put the entire tune on one sensor, is this how you did yours? or did you use another software to put the VE tables together?

I just tuned with the maf if you want to tune ve you got to force maf to fail and just tune what you can. If the maf did fail you would have a way to drive home but not race home. The lnf is a maf only tune so you would be in same boat being straight maf.

Ive been messing with this car since yesterday and its still giving me issues. I am starting to think that I have the injectors scaled wrong. The guy claims they are 59lb injectors so i scaled everything for that but he has no other info on them like at what pressure or DC. Right now Im raping this maf table and with a WOT pull the car goes slightly rich and steadly leans out then makes a big step lean at 9450hz or 6000rpms. any other thoughts or tricks to this i may be missing?

The injectors are said to be 59lbers they are blue and a direct plug in for his factory harness. anyone else using something like this?

Post the tune. I am looking right now for my 60lb tune.

Agreed, post the tune... BTW, do the injectors look like this?

If so, they are not 59#.... They are Cobra injectors. 39.X# at 3 bar(43.5 psi), 50# at 4 bar(58 psi) ... Also, did you scale the MAP sensor properly?

P&P Tuning

Here is the 60lb settings I used on a 2006 2.4 cobalt.

Quote Originally Posted by laser_racer View Post
    Was this file on an NA or boosted application? I was comparing to some of the boosted LE5's I've done, and noticed it looks like its using a stock MAP sensor?

P&P Tuning

That's a stock tune just with injector settings all the rest should be stock.

That's a stock tune just with injector settings all the rest should be stock.
    Thats what it looked like, but I hate to assume anything...

P&P Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by imphat0260 View Post
    Thats what it looked like, but I hate to assume anything...
    What's wrong with stock sensor??? Lol jk its really hard not to assume things.

What's wrong with stock sensor??? Lol jk its really hard not to assume things.
    LoL... Don't get me started... Its amazing the sh!t you see, out of "reputable" shops...

P&P Tuning

Kind of like this $500 tune my friend got from big shop here in Houston "Roy Tune". Also this other tune cost another friend $400 "fastlanetune".

Kind of like this $500 tune my friend got from big shop here in Houston "Roy Tune". Also this other tune cost another friend $400 "fastlanetune".
    I don't have my laptop with me, but I'll have to send you the "Hahn (I mean Hack) Tune" for a boosted LE5...

Its a riot!

P&P Tuning

Sorry guys Ive been busy. AND YES!!! those are the injectors. This is why I like a fresh set of injectors flow matched with a chart to go off of.

Quote Originally Posted by imphat0260 View Post
    Agreed, post the tune... BTW, do the injectors look like this?

If so, they are not 59#.... They are Cobra injectors. 39.X# at 3 bar(43.5 psi), 50# at 4 bar(58 psi) ... Also, did you scale the MAP sensor properly?
    I did not scale the map sensor. Its using the factory 2.4l map in the map bung on the lsj manifold. It only reads to 120 kpa so I figured any type of scaling would be pointless. Is there a trick to this I dont know about? Il post up the tune in a minute.

Thanks, I have a real nice injector set up i use for 60lbers that seems to always work perfect. Thats why I had a hunch about these. Il compare yours later to see if there is anything I can improve on. Here is a copy of the tune. The Maf table is now trash since ive been using the wrong injectors. But if yall see anything else that could cause an issue feel free to let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by silverbullet08 View Post
    I did not scale the map sensor. Its using the factory 2.4l map in the map bung on the lsj manifold. It only reads to 120 kpa so I figured any type of scaling would be pointless. Is there a trick to this I dont know about? Il post up the tune in a minute.
    Not really a trick, but get a 2bar MAP and replace the stock... Then change the MAP sensor Linear/Offset accordingly. Then the fuel psi would be boost refernced up to 80kpa (or 11.6psi), which is what the fuel flow tables are based on. Which injectors are you going to use?

P&P Tuning

Holly pe rap batman. You might want to do a lot of work on that area. I bet that car will get some really bad gas mileage set like that. I use around 75% for pe to come in 30 is super low. Also I would lower the enrich rate or it will kick everytime he hits pe mode. Also I would use 1.245 for power enrich so you can get a 11.8 afr commanded. Is there a ls4 on this car also?