Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: when are you guys going to enable afr logging with pro box???

Tuner

when are you guys going to enable afr logging with pro box???

One of the reasons I bought HP Tuners pro was to be able to data log with the "black box" especially afr. I understand you can download older versions of VCM Suite to get it to work but it wont read my files. This is getting pretty ridiculous. What's the ETA of when its going to work again and WHY is it not working when you advertise it?
    Last edited by Silver2002ta; 03-27-2012 at 11:37 PM.
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am - 1000+ rwhp street car

don't understand the question?

The pro interface should allow you to datalog whatever you want.
    NotoriouSS TAD
    DATLS7N 73' Datsun 620 LS7/HNC/TR6060/4.10/T2/2450lbs/603RWHP
    J5 - 96' Impala SS - 4700lb autocross machine
    Langston - 96' Caprice 9C1 Beater
    Rosie - 67' El Co - race truck w/ plates
    Wall-E - 21' Tesla Model 3P

yeah !if this has been fixed please chime in bill!prime reason i went with the non pro!
    tsp LQ9 408, wiesco -10cc, ls7s cam,tsp 5.3Lheads ,stock rockers with upgraded trunions,BBK intake manifold;ported polished intake runners,80MM Tb,haltech CAI,Longtubes,RPM full drivetrain,3:15 gears.

Advanced Tuner
    With only using the "Pro" interface only, you can log everything EXCEPT EIO inputs. So no wide band logging unless you use a laptop. Instead of giving an update on fixing the issue they just don't respond to this question anymore.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by SargeZ06 View Post
    With only using the "Pro" interface only, you can log everything EXCEPT EIO inputs. So no wide band logging unless you use a laptop. Instead of giving an update on fixing the issue they just don't respond to this question anymore.
    its becoming absolute bullshit. don't advertise something then take it away. don't make a customer pay $150 more for something then take part of the function away and a main reason why they are paying for it.

They still haven't enabled this? Geez...

Oh well...my interface is going to a new owner today, so I guess it'll be his problem.

Tuner
    this shit is making me want to switch to efi live

Advanced Tuner
    It's just the lack of concern from them that chaps my ass. They also broke the export csv format using the scanner making it useless as well.

I hear you. It's been way too long and I'm putting in extra hours to get these (2.24) out asap.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

we also need better info on what has broken/bugs in the betas vs having to come on forum to get info whats wrong.or if its just user error ;wasting everyones time!just include it in the "ur running beta pop up"
    tsp LQ9 408, wiesco -10cc, ls7s cam,tsp 5.3Lheads ,stock rockers with upgraded trunions,BBK intake manifold;ported polished intake runners,80MM Tb,haltech CAI,Longtubes,RPM full drivetrain,3:15 gears.

Well, one of the big things that we've accomplished during the development of 2.24 was the ability to push out vin/os pairs through new 2.24 builds instead of through a separate beta build.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    Well, one of the big things that we've accomplished during the development of 2.24 was the ability to push out vin/os pairs through new 2.24 builds instead of through a separate beta build.
    dude give us customers a time frame here. it's been how many years since things haven't worked?

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by SargeZ06 View Post
    It's just the lack of concern from them that chaps my ass. They also broke the export csv format using the scanner making it useless as well.
    I used to use this all the time. Very handy and quick for some of the precise measurements. Hope it gets fixed soon!

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver2002ta View Post
    dude give us customers a time frame here. it's been how many years since things haven't worked?
    Ha it's been many years since I heard 2.24 was coming out. I've also heard "putting in extra hours to get these (2.24) out asap." for the last 2 years too...

So I would say another 2 years at least.

If this product was "Shareware" we wouldn't have any room to complain. But since we all paid $650 a pop, I'd say we are more than justified.

Unless HPTuners would like to buy back our MVPI Pro(s)? I still got the box...

You have every right to complain.

As a workaround, last year I changed the way the beta installs. It should now install side by side with VCM Suite 2.22, meaning you should still be able to use 2.22 to config/pull logs from the MPVI Pro and 2.23 to do all of your tuning.

Senior Tuner
    You have every right to complain.

As a workaround, last year I changed the way the beta installs. It should now install side by side with VCM Suite 2.22, meaning you should still be able to use 2.22 to config/pull logs from the MPVI Pro and 2.23 to do all of your tuning.
    Switching from 2.22 to 2.23 back and forth is timing consuming particularly at the track or out testing. Wouldn't be so bad if there was a way to run both on one laptop.

You're supposed to be able to, that's my point.

I designed the beta installer to install side by side with the stable release.

Senior Tuner
    Are there any instructions how to install both? I ran a search but found nothing.

Hmm, you're right, I just tested it and it doesn't work. I'll have to look into that.

You can install 2.22 though and just copy the vcm scanner.exe and create a shortcut on your desktop, then just install 2.23.

Senior Tuner
    You can install 2.22 though and just copy the vcm scanner.exe and create a shortcut on your desktop, then just install 2.23.
    I just tried but once 2.23 is reinstalled the desktop Scanner icon won't open. I get the "Problem with Shortcut" box.