Thread: silverado 09-tvs1900- too rich

Tuner in Training

silverado 09-tvs1900- too rich

hi
    can any one check this tune please
    its for 09 silverado with tvs magnacharger 1900
    on wot afr goes to 9.8
    on 3000 RPM the car start to shaking and traction control start when i pushed hard everything cames normal but with rich fuel ..

am waiting for your replys guys ,
    Last edited by 1alowais; 03-22-2012 at 02:12 AM. Reason: adding the tune

do u have a log as well
    specialize in: V8 Conversion & Tuning (UAE- DUBAI)
    supercharge installation
    Salah clutches for Nissan, Toyota and GM car

Quote Originally Posted by 1alowais View Post
    hi
    can any one check this tune please
    its for 09 silverado with tvs magnacharger 1900
    on wot afr goes to 9.8
    on 3000 RPM the car start to shaking and traction control start when i pushed hard everything cames normal but with rich fuel ..

am waiting for your replys guys ,
    Uh. What. What did you push hard on?

I think I know what you're talking about, my pickup used to have that problem with a crappy Maggie tune. It's from basically lugging it. And if the truck has VVT the problem is only made worse.
    Gray Ghost- The abomination. 2007 Chevrolet Silverado CCSB. 98mm turbo, nitrous, 428LSX, Rossler 80E with a brake. Finally finished. 23 psi, no numbers, Slow as hell.

PBM G8- Aluminum 364, twin Precision 67/66 turbos, 6L90 trans swap, CTS-V/Vaporworx fuel system, slowly making progress.

Dads 2011 CTS-V- Stock bottom end, stock heads, LS9 cam, pullies, ported blower, ported TB, D3 goodies, and lots of nitrous.
    618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Caterpillar 50 Forklift- Duramax swap

Tuner in Training

09 silverado tvs1900 going rich again

thank you all for the replys here you found the scan but the AFR not connected . its go rich just when i push it to wot . 9.8

i dont know why i guess the problem caming from the magna volt that comes with the supercharger kit !!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1alowais View Post
    thank you all for the replys here you found the scan but the AFR not connected . its go rich just when i push it to wot . 9.8

i dont know why i guess the problem caming from the magna volt that comes with the supercharger kit !!!
    It's not a problem. The Magnavolt is Magnusons idea of a Boost A Pump. All it does is add current to the fuel pump which gives it more oomph.

You need to simply set your PE table to 1.28 across the board and then adjust the MAF HZ as necessary to tune for 11.5AFR.
    Gray Ghost- The abomination. 2007 Chevrolet Silverado CCSB. 98mm turbo, nitrous, 428LSX, Rossler 80E with a brake. Finally finished. 23 psi, no numbers, Slow as hell.

PBM G8- Aluminum 364, twin Precision 67/66 turbos, 6L90 trans swap, CTS-V/Vaporworx fuel system, slowly making progress.

Dads 2011 CTS-V- Stock bottom end, stock heads, LS9 cam, pullies, ported blower, ported TB, D3 goodies, and lots of nitrous.
    618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Tuner in Training
    IDRIVEAG8GT . thanx for your quick reply

ok i adjust allredy the pe to 1.28 and its still go to 9.8 on wot
    can you explain me plz how can i adjust MAF Hz

Advanced Tuner
    goto the maf vs frequency table and multiply the whole thing by 0.8 and try again.

Probably the injectors are not properly characterized.
    Three basic questions in forced induction systems:
    1. What injectors are you using (size, brand and proper data to fill up in HPTuners).
    2. What's the fuel pump pressure for sure (you most use a fuel pressure meter for that).
    3. What's the boost presure you're making (also you need a boost meter for that).

Quote Originally Posted by loppad View Post
    Probably the injectors are not properly characterized.
    Three basic questions in forced induction systems:
    1. What injectors are you using (size, brand and proper data to fill up in HPTuners).
    2. What's the fuel pump pressure for sure (you most use a fuel pressure meter for that).
    3. What's the boost presure you're making (also you need a boost meter for that).
    With 6 psi standard and the BAP the fuel pressure will stay at a constant 53 psi at WOT.

If he's working off a Magnacharger tune then he needs to simply go in 10% increments on the MAF until he gets the AFR where he wants it.

OP- The MAF table HZ you'll want to adjust from a bout 6,500 HZ and up. Multiply that portion by .9 until you get the AFR where you want it. As for the rest of the table, you'll need to view it in 2D graph mode so you can smooth the line that you see.

618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Are you sure is 53psi? Isn't it 58psi (4 bars) for GMs? Are you sure he still has that pressure at WOT? Are you sure the Magnavolt is working? Do these flexfuel trucks really need the Magnavolt or even bigger injectors than the stock ones that already have for a Magnacharger?

I agree with MAF tunning method but there's something else missing that is taking the truck to a very bad AFR that needs to be solved first.

Are you sure is 53psi? Isn't it 58psi (4 bars) for GMs? Are you sure he still has that pressure at WOT? Are you sure the Magnavolt is working? Do these flexfuel trucks really need the Magnavolt or even bigger injectors than the stock ones that already have for a Magnacharger?

I agree with MAF tunning method but there's something else missing that is taking the truck to a very bad AFR that needs to be solved first.
    No I know from experience with 42# injectors. At WOT with that boost she stays at about 53psi, not 58 due to the attributes of how much fuel the engine and supercharger consumes even though the FPCM commands 58psi under high flow conditions.

If the BAP wasn't working it'd be lean as hell.

Yes the BAP is needed so far as I understand it.

618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

From page 3 of the manual "Magnacharger installation instructions for Radix Intercooled Supercharger system 2007-2010 GM 4.8L & 5.3L Trucks only":

"Magna-Volt NOTE: If your vehicle is a flex fuel vehicle, then no Magna-Volt is required. Note also for all '08 and newer vehicles: If you receive a Magna-Volt in your kit, it is required. Install and follow instructions. If no Magna-Volt is included, then disregard steps that refer to the Magna-Volt."

Too bad that Magnacharger doesn't have their instalation manuals online anymore.

Tuner in Training
    IDRIVEAG8GT . yah what you say it correct.. its just 5 psi with pink injectors 42.and fuel just around 53-55.
    i well adjust the maf and i well reply you on that..

many thanks

From page 3 of the manual "Magnacharger installation instructions for Radix Intercooled Supercharger system 2007-2010 GM 4.8L & 5.3L Trucks only":

"Magna-Volt NOTE: If your vehicle is a flex fuel vehicle, then no Magna-Volt is required. Note also for all '08 and newer vehicles: If you receive a Magna-Volt in your kit, it is required. Install and follow instructions. If no Magna-Volt is included, then disregard steps that refer to the Magna-Volt."

Too bad that Magnacharger doesn't have their instalation manuals online anymore.
    How do you know it's Flex Fuel though? I was under impression that this was a Vortec Max (non flex fuel)

618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

You're right, his VIN decodes as a LY5 engine. Forget my comments and good luck.

Yeah too much has been added to the MAF table.

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Telephone: +965-55446651
    Email: [email protected]
    Instagram

You're right, his VIN decodes as a LY5 engine. Forget my comments and good luck.
    No prob yo, what you contributed is plausible information in any other scenario.

618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Tuner in Training
    thank you all for all your supports