Thread: Fueling issues...

Tuner in Training

Fueling issues...

Here's a link to my rlf post, cant upload files here on my ipod but i'll try later if needed
    http://www.redlineforums.com/forums/...tml#post982437

The obvious answer is that i have a fuel supply issue, but its so odd that the afr jumps up to nearly 14.7 in a sudden move... Just thought some of you guys might take a look; maybe there's something i haven't thought of yet...

Quote Originally Posted by armcclure View Post
    Here's a link to my rlf post, cant upload files here on my ipod but i'll try later if needed
    http://www.redlineforums.com/forums/...tml#post982437

The obvious answer is that i have a fuel supply issue, but its so odd that the afr jumps up to nearly 14.7 in a sudden move... Just thought some of you guys might take a look; maybe there's something i haven't thought of yet...
    If you're seeing a pressure drop, the pump isn't keeping up with demand. Pump on its way out, filter clogged, etc?

Did you have this trouble before you installed the 1000s?

Tuner in Training
    Yes but nowhere near as bad. I changed the filter last night with no change.
    I have just never heard of a pump "going" out; usually all or nothing. Still possible though.
    I'll be dropping the tank tomorrow to check it out.
    I did change E85 stations a few months ago... Maybe their tanks aren't as clean as where i used to go and the in tank sock it getting plugged up?

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    also check the pump inlet sometime shit gets past....time for a aeromotive drop in or walboro pump.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Tuner in Training
    Aeromotice doesn't like e85 but a walbro might be the next step...
    I'll keep you guys updated with what i find out. Thought about just adding an inline booster pump...

i used a walboro with my supra nvr had any problems with it. both good companies but yes walboro is more run whatever fuel you desire friendly.

Dumb question.... how much fuel is in the car?... anything below about 1/8th in my car and it runs out of fuel, very similar looking to that..lol

Tuner in Training
    Its a fair question. It does act that way on low fuel. But i did those logs on a half tank. A guy on RLF had a similar problem and it ended up being black gunk from the e85 clogging up the bottom of the canister and sock. Guess i'll find out tonight.

Tuner in Training
    Dropped the tank and cleaned the sock out last night; helped a little but still pulling lean and dropping pressure. On a 3rd gear pull i saw the gauge literally drop over 25psi before i even had time to react. New pump time

Tuner in Training
    Well i have a DW300 and pro-products adjustible regulator on the way; doing boost-reference system and hardwire kit. This had better take care of it l

good luck hope it works.....switch to return system? cause they tune different

Tuner in Training
    Just to get it running i may leave the vac line on the regulator off and run it like the stock system while i make the fittings and such i need but yes i'll be going to full return system.