Thread: Do I have to?

Tuner in Training

Do I have to?

My car is a 98 c5 with the crappy98 ecu. I am in the process (but not very fast) of switching the ecu to a newer faster unit. My question is can I tune this one until I switch out to the newer one and still only use credits to tune one? This is all happening this year with the procharger install.

My second question is is there any custom boost refererance tables in the hp software?

Thx

D-

I'm proudly a successfull stalker of an honor roll student!
    1.)Sorry but you wouldn't be able to get away with just using the 2 credits. I would still gladly spend credits on both. (learning about the various tables on the 2 different PCM's can be looked at as a valuable learning experience)

2.) Yes. In fact several stock GM tunes in this forum use boost related tables that we can tune with HPT .(LNF motors like Cobalt, V6 supercharged lineup) Once you have the necessary software to look at HPT tunes, try looking at an example of a Custom OS like a 2 BAR that was applied to a PCM exactly like the one you will end up using in the future. You can then familiarize yourself with the tables used there.
    Last edited by Dr. Nopps; 03-19-2012 at 01:51 PM.

Tuner in Training
    From what I was told the 98 does not have a boost reference table, am I wrong? I'm also a hc e85 car right now w a procharger ready to go on soon.