Thread: '09 fg wastegate fluctuating

Potential Tuner

'09 fg wastegate fluctuating

Hi guys,

I had a 09 FORD fg f6 sedan in the other day. I read the file modified and flashed it back to the car with more boost and less timing and as soon as i started doing a power pull on the dyno, boost was fluctuating hardcore. And watching the wastegate actuator it was opening and shutting quite quickly.

Has anyone come across this issue before?

If so any info would be good.

We fixed the issue by aftermarket T-Boost controller. Still want to fix the issue cause I dont want to T-Boost everyturbo ford that comes through
    Last edited by FAT333 PERFORMANCE; 03-19-2012 at 01:45 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    How much boost is it running now mate?

Im not really that switched on still learning, but all the switched on lads will probably ask you for a copy of the tune and a log to help diagnose it

Potential Tuner
    Its running 16 on T-boost. When the issue happened I had it set to 14psi. 2 up from standard. All I touched from standard was BKT spark and desired boost.

Advanced Tuner
    Have you got a log when from when the fault occurs on the dyno? sounds like boost cut or something similar. If you raised desired boost the overboost thresh should still apply as a value above your desired boost. Like I said Im pretty green with all this but maybe its something with the wategate duty cycle, it might have to be lowered a little so the gate starts to open earlier for it to control the increased boost uptop?

Advanced Tuner
    Tune it in open loop boost control first before you start dabbling with the factory PI control.

Tuner
    Did you resolve this issue yet ?
    Last edited by JVK; 03-23-2012 at 04:35 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    its going into to over boost/under boost etc.. your desired boost table is not correct compared to the open loop duty tables etc, they all work in together to give solid boost control, if 1 is wrong it will mess up everything

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by IH8TOADS View Post
    Tune it in open loop boost control first before you start dabbling with the factory PI control.
    What exactly do you have to do to force open loop.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by VYSSLS1 View Post
    its going into to over boost/under boost etc.. your desired boost table is not correct compared to the open loop duty tables etc, they all work in together to give solid boost control, if 1 is wrong it will mess up everything
    What do you mean by "open loop duty table" I cant seem to find one in the file

Advanced Tuner
    The guys will correct me but Im fairly sure its removing the maxing out the over/underboost tables so there is no oustide infuence over wastegate duty from the pcm. Then you can manipulate the wastegate duty table to get it working correctly but remember there wont be any protection from the pcm so you will have to be paying attention. Once its working nicely then you can enable the over boost protection for that added safety feature.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by FAT333 PERFORMANCE View Post
    What do you mean by "open loop duty table" I cant seem to find one in the file
    yeh sorry im talking SCT naming..

its wastegate DC in HPT...