Thread: help a new guy out

Potential Tuner

Question help a new guy out

hello,
    I am very new to this type of tuning and am having some issues that i believe you guys have already figured out. I swapped a vortec 4.3 into my dads jeep and was running it with the original ecm out of my s-10 it came out of. we have since swapped a marine mpi intake and new cam into the freshly built motor and are looking for a little more tuning control of the motor. this jeep is mainly used for hunting and idle quality and torque are king. We changed the ecm to a 98 out of a silverado v8 and turned off the vats to start the jeep. (the jeep has been running with the stock ecm for the last 3 years) once it fired it runs like crap, I cant seem to change the ecm to read 6 cylinders, so im not sure if thats the issue or not. I am now looking into installing a 0411 ecm to enable us to run an eaton supercharger later. is there anyway i can make this thing run with the ecm out of the 98 v8? any help will be GREATLY appreciated, thanks

Why did you get rid on the stock ECM?

02 VW Golf

98 Bonneville SSE
    03 Grandprix GT
    EcoModder

Potential Tuner
    We changed ecms because we wanted to dial out sime little issues we had with the other wcm. The more i read on this the more i think we should swap to a 0411 ecm because we will add a supercharger to it also. Is there soneone here that has the pinouts for the 0411? Thanks

Tuner in Training
    Whats wrong with running the stock PCM/ECM?

Does it rely on MAF or a combination of MAF and MAP for fueling?