Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Needing Help w/ Massive KR Issue.

We'll i guess i could go get a new MAP. I don't believe they are too pricey.

www.rockauto.com had the Delphi map for 52.00 so i got it on the way. Sure beats $75-$89 from the dealer or autoparts store. .
    Last edited by Rynoman2k3; 04-13-2012 at 12:04 PM.
    1999 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP

Ported SC/TB, Intense 3.4/3.25 Pulley's, SSAC Headers, AEM Uego Wideband, Devils Own Meth, ZZP 1.9 Modified Rockers, LS6 Springs, Manley Retainers, TransGo Shift Kit, Poly Dogbones, KYB GR2's, GMPP Brake and Suspension Upgrades, Springtech Springs.

Tuner
    won't need to buy it... forgot to subtract atmospheric pressure for the accurate reading since the map is measured in Hg and it also references vaccum... so 24 psi minus 14.5= 9.5 psi so it's not the map

Well it doesn't hurt just to rule things out. I think it was making my DIC (Drivers Info Center) act up this winter. It's piece of mind.

Ported SC/TB, Intense 3.4/3.25 Pulley's, SSAC Headers, AEM Uego Wideband, Devils Own Meth, ZZP 1.9 Modified Rockers, LS6 Springs, Manley Retainers, TransGo Shift Kit, Poly Dogbones, KYB GR2's, GMPP Brake and Suspension Upgrades, Springtech Springs.

Tuner in Training
    Your map runs just fine.

0-100 KPA = 0 boost

100+ = boost

171 = 10psi boost.

Ya we figured that out a little too late. I done ordered a new one. Like I said it's piece of mind now. I am trying to get ahold of some bigger injectors. I might try to get a bigger pulley too. I'm not sure yet. The injectors are the only mechanical part of the fuel system I haven't replaced besides a FPR and I highly doubt that is bad.

Edit:

Got the new MAP today. I went ahead and replaced it just for good measure. I know it's probably not needed after all.
    Last edited by Rynoman2k3; 04-16-2012 at 06:39 PM.

Potential Tuner
    I would bypass your stock reg and get an aftermarket one. Then your injectors would be no problem.

You could do that for a bit less than a new set of injectors. It depends on what your injectors are rated at.
    I assume they are a 36lb er?

Ya they are stock. I'm gettin some 42's from a friend to test and see if it helps. If it does then i may purchase them from him. I'd rather have 60# ers so I can run corn later but that's a few more dollars than I can spend right now.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by gectek View Post
    I would bypass your stock reg and get an aftermarket one. Then your injectors would be no problem.

You could do that for a bit less than a new set of injectors. It depends on what your injectors are rated at.
    I assume they are a 36lb er?
    his gen would have the 33lb inj (or 36 since it's the same thing)

how would bypassing the fuel regulator help? sure it's a vacuum referenced system and easier than the 04 gp is since it's submerged in the tank with the fuel pump...

i say he should check injectors since he's able to get the 42.5's for testing purposes and verify if he has a one (or more if the case may be) bad injectors... if not then he'd have to try something else

I think that he was saying to replace the stock FPR with an adjustable one, so the pressure can be upped.

02 VW Golf

98 Bonneville SSE
    03 Grandprix GT
    EcoModder

Tuner in Training
    Why would you do that?

He's probably seeing 68 PSI with 10 PSI of boost if his stock FPR is working correctly.

My fuel pump that i put in has been bleeding back into the tank. That might be causing issues as well. I've talked to the company and they've said it's due to the hose on the pump end not sealing correctly. They are sending me a new hose. Although i've also heard two others using this HighFlowFuel.com pump have had them die completely and they have also had the same issues I am having. I'm pretty leary of it. I'm going to try to repair it but if it fails on me i'm buying a stock drop in replacement.

The main thing the crazy Fuel Pump is doing is after it sits for awhile it has to prime because it loses pressure in the line. Sometimes it takes 2-3 times of the key on to prime. It also makes me wonder if its bleeding pressure at WOT.