Thread: setting up mtx-l wideband

Potential Tuner

setting up mtx-l wideband

hi there, im having some trouble i just need to know how i suppose to wire this wide band into my mpvi pro?

Quote Originally Posted by hitechtune View Post
    hi there, im having some trouble i just need to know how i suppose to wire this wide band into my mpvi pro?
    I just hooked the yellow wire analog out 1(0V-7.35 and 5V=22.39) (single with no ground) to the first pin on the MPVI. Starting scaning and was close to MTX-L gage reading. Had to offset (-.2) and now is dead on.
    Good luck and let me know if you are hooked up.
    2001 C5: LONG TUBE ARH; X PIPES W/HIGH FLOW CATS; VORTECH SUPERCHARGER @ 8 LBS; FTI 2800 STALL; 260-280 COMP CAM; STOCK GEARS 2.73. M/T P305-R35 18. BEST ET 10.58 @ 130 MPH. BEST 60' 1.60

Tuner in Training
    It was really easy. You will just need a really really small flat screwdriver.

Follow this link.

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14424

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Skip View Post
    I just hooked the yellow wire analog out 1(0V-7.35 and 5V=22.39) (single with no ground) to the first pin on the MPVI. Starting scaning and was close to MTX-L gage reading. Had to offset (-.2) and now is dead on.
    Good luck and let me know if you are hooked up.
    So the only wire going to the MPVI is the yellow wire? I have the yellow wire on the first input and my positive and grounds going to the battery with a 5amp fuse on the positive. The wideband works great but when I'm logging the readings never go past 14.0-15.0 afr.

Thanks for the help!

Tuner in Training
    Having a similar issue with mine also
    Setup HP Tuners and LM Software wit the same readings for Voltage and mine never reads more than 10AFR on HP Tuners but reads 14+ on the gauge.
    Quite irritating

I have someone helping me and when I send the log files it logs 10AFR

Not enough information to help.
    Have you created a user defined PID?
    Have you created a histogram for the PID?

If yes How did you set the above up?
    2001 C5: LONG TUBE ARH; X PIPES W/HIGH FLOW CATS; VORTECH SUPERCHARGER @ 8 LBS; FTI 2800 STALL; 260-280 COMP CAM; STOCK GEARS 2.73. M/T P305-R35 18. BEST ET 10.58 @ 130 MPH. BEST 60' 1.60

Tuner in Training
    is there a way to use the serial/usb output of the mtx-l gauge with the scanner software? it would be a lot easier if the scanner software would recognize the data from the gauge through a usb cable to the computer.

Potential Tuner
    Did anyone setup or use this damn WB? cant find dickall for info on setting it up in the channels.
    Is it the same as the other Innovative lc1, lc2 or is it like this: (input/ 5) + .5 = output

Try this link https://www.dropbox.com/sh/r4h7sobf5...MdUs8pHsa?dl=0
    It will show you how and will show you how to set up the offset.
    Good luck.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by cool breeze View Post
    Did anyone setup or use this damn WB? cant find dickall for info on setting it up in the channels.
    Is it the same as the other Innovative lc1, lc2 or is it like this: (input/ 5) + .5 = output
    i too have the mtxl and am trying to get it to log via serial comms. it seems as you can get a rs232 serial to usb and plug that cord into the serial data cable the mtxl comes with and then somehow setup the usb input as the wideband.

did you ever get it figured out ??
    07 classic