Thread: 2006 cobalt ss sc crank relearn

Potential Tuner

2006 cobalt ss sc crank relearn

hey i recently did an engine swap and now im getting a cam position sensor code after lining up the cps housing now the car will not even start i read on cobaltss.net that i need to perform a crank relearn how do i do this with hpt

Advanced Tuner
    The car needs to be running to perform a crank relearn. You installed the cam position sensor incorrectly. From my understanding there are 3 positions that it will start and 3 it wont. Keep spinning the hex one by one until it starts after 1-3 cranks. The other 2 positions will start it but after a little bit of cranks.

You can set number 1 at top dead center and set cam position sensor the easier was lol. Stupid sensors!!!

Advanced Tuner
    Cylinder 1 and 4 should both be at TDC when the notch in the hex lines up with the line on the sensor housing. You need to make sure cylinder 1 has just completed the exhaust stroke and cylinder 4 has just completed the compression stroke. At that point, cylinder 1 exhaust valves have just closed and cylinder 1 intake valves are starting to open. If #4 exhaust valves have just closed, then you need to aim the notch 180 degrees off from the line in the housing.