Thread: Where to start: P0300

Advanced Tuner

Where to start: P0300

Sigh ... I hate posting a noob question like this but alas, I am a noob so I will just let er rip.

2005 SSR LS2 engine that has 23,000 miles on it when pulled. It's in a buggy that has just been completed. The only modifications to the engine are modified fuel rails for flow-through, headers, and custom intake plumbing. The exhaust is open though, no muffler. The only things I have done to the tune is disabled VATS, the DTC's that I don't need, and played with the fan on-off temps. (Tune attached.)

I have a small random misfire that is tripping a P0300 code. When watching my gauges in scanner LTFT Bank 2 is high at idle. (18%) I can hear the minor misfire when it happens but the engine runs great otherwise.

I want to view misfire data in the scanner and I see where to add each individual cylinder to the table but then how do I view the data real-time to see which cylinders are missing?

I figured the LTFT-B2 being high probably meant a vacuum leak at either the intake or injectors but after coating them all with brake cleaner the idle is not affected at all. I know seeing individual cylinder misfire data is the most important thing at this point but can't figure out how to get VCM Scanner to show it to me.

J. J.
    Last edited by patooyee; 03-12-2012 at 06:56 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    I think I may have just figured it out ... I added current and historical misfire PIDs to the table and then also the chart. I then saved the config file as my misfire diagnosis file so that I can open it any time I need to diagnose misfires. Does this sound right?

Also, it appears that I can only have 20 PIDS displayed on the chart at a time?

J. J.
    Last edited by patooyee; 03-12-2012 at 07:45 PM.