Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MAP sensor calibration

MAP sensor calibration

Does anyone know how to calibrate or customize the MAP sensor on the scanner? mine reads 360KPA at wide open throttle when it should only be around 100KPA for a N/A vehicle if I'm not mistaken.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    It doesn't need to be customized or calibrated. Sounds to me like you have a custom pid created thats skewing your map readings in which case deleting the custom pid will fix it.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

how do I delete a custom pid? I didn't mean to create one in the first place.

I've just been dealing with this for like 2 years now :/

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    via the insert pids window or simply by deleting your VCM Scanner.cfg file found in your hptuners-settings folder.

once this is done will old datalog files read correctly or will this only fix new ones?

I can't find the "insert pid" window but I deleted the cfg file, not sure if it worked yet or not.

Bill it's still faulty... my MAP sensor on my scanner reads 105KPA at idle and pegs out at 360KPA when the engine is actually at 105KPA.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by turboDave View Post
    Bill it's still faulty... my MAP sensor on my scanner reads 105KPA at idle and pegs out at 360KPA when the engine is actually at 105KPA.
    post the scanner log

I emailed them to ya

Okay so where exactly do I find the PID window to create a custom gauge?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    By right clicking in the gauge window and click gauge settings to add or modify gauges.

I just spent some time learning how to adjust all of that... good stuff to know. But my problem isn't just in the display. I am getting a signal that the scanner is translating into 360kpa when it should only be 105 max. I noticed this high value on another guys scanner too... His log displays 411 KPA (59psi of boost) when he is only running 15psi of boost. Is that not what the map sensors are reading?

there was no custom PID by the way

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Theres definitely a custom pid if your map is reading wacky, no way around it. Delete the VCM Scanner.cfg file and all will be well. I've seen it 1000x, this will make 1001

lol, I hear ya, I know this sounds like 1001 but the first thing I did was delete the scanner.cfg and then today I also looked into the custom PID through the gauge settings. Neither helped. Am I correct in thinking that the gauge should read 0 to 105 on a N/A car???

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    email support, I can remotely try to fix your issues.

Is there any way to run the standard scanner instead of the beta while still using the beta editor??? The editor is working ok but I can't get the scanner to do anything I would like it to. I can't move the gauges around to make room for additional ones anymore. I can't figure out how to add new sensors to the charts and my MAP sensor still doesn't work!!!

I have this same problem, and it's been kicking my ass for some time now. I was told the same thing, delete a custom PID and your problems will be fixed, but I notice the engine runs like crap until the readings come back down to 105 or less, which is as high as the VE table goes, then the thing runs great again. This is not a messed up reading on the scanner, there is something else going on. I have seen others with high MAP readings in their logs, but I don't think it is just a readout, the ECU is also getting this signal and fighting it. Anyone?

I don't rape PE tables cause I don't know what I am doing anyway....

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    the table(primary) display will always show the map reading the pcm is spitting out. If that reading is high it means thats what the pcm is saying and really has little to nothing to do with our software.