Thread: Editor and Scanner Keep Crashing

Potential Tuner

Editor and Scanner Keep Crashing

I'm using the 5.0.4 version, and both keep crashing at random times. This morning I did a nice 25-minute data log and as soon as I clicked stop the scanner just disappeared along with everything I had just done. What a nice waste of time and gas. My laptop is a little older but there's nothing wrong with it. It has an i7-7700 and 12gb of RAM on Windows 10. I'm not seeing any minimum requirements for the computer on HP Tuners web site so what gives?

Senior Tuner
    This happens to me all the time. It is so frustrating it doesn't save a recoverable datalog when it happens. I've made a request to HPTuners to try fixing that but havn't heard back.

I find this often happens if the USB connections are poor or dirty. I have to stop and clean mine every few months.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Potential Tuner
    It was happening last night with nothing plugged into the USB port just trying to compare to data logs. The USB ports shouldn't be dirty as this laptop has spent pretty much all of its life in a bag and the USB cord is brand new.