Thread: Tuning 60# Injectors

Tuner in Training

Tuning 60# Injectors

What are the characteristics of Siemens Deka 60 pound injectors and what way do you go about tuning them? This is for my 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix GT with an L32 swapped engine. Have a z7 turbo kit I'm installing with these and am using stock L67 throttle body and stock 99+ MAF sensor.

I've read that these injectors flow 60lb/hr at 43.5PSI. So I was thinking I could set my fuel pressure at 43.5PSI and just enter my Injector Flow Rate vs KPA table to 60.0. Basically just want these set up correctly before I attempt to go further. What do you guys recommend?

Tuner in Training
    adjustable FPR or stock?

If stock, you need to find out what they flow at 3.5 bar (or use HPT's calculator), then insert that for your IFR table.

Look around to see if the injectors have been characterized, that will give you the offset tables.

Some don't like to change them at all for our cars though. As in change the IFR and play with the PE tables.
    Last edited by matt5112; 03-17-2012 at 10:15 AM.

Tuner in Training
    Adjustable FPR. I was thinking of setting fuel pressure at 43.5psi and putting in 60 all across the IFR table. If I did go this route, I set it at 43.5psi with vacuum line off, correct?

So most don't even mess with the injector offsets? Just continue to use stock?

Any other tables I should be concerned about with these injectors before i start MAF tuning?
    Last edited by PokerBlakeB; 03-19-2012 at 01:54 AM.

Tuner in Training
    As long as you have a rewire, that IFR table would be fine at that FP.

Unsure on setting FPR method.

Ideally you'd get the proper offsets for your injectors. It'll make tuning easier.

Tuner in Training
    Well had an exhaust leak i had to attend to. Fixed the leak and loaded a new IFR table up. Car started on stock maf and stock maf table. But the fuel trims are ranging from -11.7% to -14.1%. I will load the scan of my car when i get home in an hour if anyone cares to look.