Thread: Getting buck at low RPM cruising

Advanced Tuner

Getting buck at low RPM cruising

Hi guys, I am new to tuning...picking up on a car that was already tuned. The car is a 99 c5 M6 ls1 h/c/i.

I got my ve table as dialed in as I could on the street.....99-1.01 lambda error.

Now I am working on the idle portion, which is going well, I have a slight idle fluctuation when revving the car up..not sure if this is normal with a 226/230 cam.

The bigger problem is when I cruise control at low load/low rpm, I get a bucking every so often. It seems to only happen when the cruise control is not applying any throttle...

This led me to look at my idle spark tables...I noticed my idle tables are not even close to my main spark tables. Should they be the same? I have not touched these tables yet, they were put together by the previous tuner.

In a 6 speed car, which table is used? The in drive or in park? The description of this table is "closed throttle" which is exactly when the bucking occurs.

Sorry, no log right now as I am at work but I attached my file. I can attach a log later if nec. The bucking is most notable in the 1500 rpm range...when I look at my main spark advance, I am seeing up to 41 degrees in the lighter load cells. In the idle tables, only up to 17.

Advanced Tuner
    The High Octane/Low Octane tables should be fairly close to your Idle Spark Advance tables.

In your High Octane (and Low Octane) tables, I would drop your 1200-1600 columns down between the 0.08-0.44 g/cyl. I would make them more closely match your Idle Spark Advance tables. Then smooth around the edges. That should help the bucking at low RPMs.
    2016 GMC Sierra 1500 6.2L