Thread: Ecoboost Read?

Tuner in Training

Ecoboost Read?

So...
    Who's going to be the first to read an Ecoboost 3.5???

Tuner in Training
    From what I understand Ford didn't leave much on the table tuning wise on those trucks. I would love to hear if they did.

Tuner in Training
    There's almost always room for improvement with turbos! Be interesting to check out a tune and see how they're set up.

There are hand helds out for them already. I have one as well and would love to tune it. Yes any time there is a turbo on a car there is room for improvement unless its limited by motor strength or turbo size. But a good 3psi bump in boost and a few degrees of timing with some 93octane or e85 would wake that truck up! But from what ive heard we wont ever get support.. or at least it wont be for a long time.
    HP-Unlimited Tuning and Custom Fabrication
    Houston area performance parts dealer
    MD800 Mustang Dyno 713-560-3889 Taylor
    2016 Camaro A8 "shop car" FIRST 6th GEN CAMARO OVER 200mph IN THE MILE 203.5mph

Tuner in Training
    These engines will be the next chevy 350 for swaps. HPT oughtta get on it!

I highly doubt they will be the next chevy 350 for swaps. They need to be cheap and in everything to make this likely.

There is power to be had, and the factory setup is funky, the intake track is very odd.

Ryan

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 1998Ws6 View Post
    I highly doubt they will be the next chevy 350 for swaps. They need to be cheap and in everything to make this likely.

There is power to be had, and the factory setup is funky, the intake track is very odd.

Ryan
    Time will tell. I think they will be cheap soon. The F150 is the sales leader for pickups and there's a 40% take rate on the V6s. Figure in the SHOs and there's probably half a million being made every year. Once they start filling the junk yards the price will come down a lot. I already see SHO engines under $2k. Try getting a LS3 dropout for that

The last LS3 I got was the right price but that is not the norm.

Even purchasing the 4.2L V6 out of 5 year old pickup trucks 97-06 was not dirt cheap as the they sucked so there was a demand for them to keep other trucks on the road. Trucks are hard for the salvage industry to buy, as they stay on the road much longer than a car, due to the body on frame construction and repair costs, exporting them overseas, and people rebuilding salvage title trucks.

Ryan