Thread: Need some expirenced eyes..

Potential Tuner

Need some expirenced eyes..

Hey Gents,
    So to start out I am very new to tuning. I have been scanning the forum posts for a couple weeks now and I think I still need some expirenced eyes to look at my last tune. I think Logged correctly but like i said..I am very new to this. I have a start up logged as well as some highway driving. Please take a look at this and let me know.

The car is a 2005 corvette A4 with OBX 1"7/8 headers cat delete x pipe and B&B bullet exhaust. AFE cold air feeds it with a Comp Mutha Thumpr Cam (227/241/109lsa). I had it tuned a while back but i was unable to complete the tuning process with the shop. I am fairly sure it is running rich. The exhaust pipes are constantly blacked out and standing behind it at an idle will make you cry. The worse thing is problem i am having is it sounds like there is an exhaust leak when the motor is under load. the only way i can describe it is it sounds like a raspy tick. I am thinking it has something to do with the afr being to rich. I have checked the whole exhaust system several times and unable to find a leak. If there is anyone in the area that could look at my setup i would be very happy to buy you some lunch or a case of beer.

If anyone could instruct me on how to data log or give more info i am more than willing to listen. I am in the process of hooking up my wideband o2 and getting it configured in the scanner.

thanks for looking!!
    Attached Files Attached Files

post a scan

specialize in: V8 Tuning (Kuwait)
    Abdullah Al-najdi
    00965 99369929
    www.youtube.com/alnajdi83
    Tuners ! Quit Raping your PE TABLE !
    instagram : alnajdi83
    best number in 1/8 mile 4.54 ( My Driving + My Tune ) !

Potential Tuner
    Pardon my ignorance but i though the file i posted was a scan.( in my attached files) I have ordered a couple books so i can speak a bit more intelligently about this.

Potential Tuner
    ok so i just realized i have posted my config files and not a scan...DUH!! lol ill post a scan tonight.

Potential Tuner

another look?

Please take another look at this. I went through and realized i posted my config files. I have gone through and configured my WB02 and I followed all the directions for setting it up from thetuningschool.com .... I did a cold start and a ten minute drive to get up to operating temp, then a warm start with a short drive. I am just hoping whoever looks at this can tell me if i need to start from scratch (IE download a stock tune because my "friend" never showed me how to save my stock file) or if i can continue to work off what i have. I am open to learning and am hoping my earlier blunder did not make me look to bad.

Ill take any advice at this point...including directions for logging to further my cause...

Thanks in advance guys..

Raspy tick is usually knock retard bud. Take it easy for now.
    Gray Ghost- The abomination. 2007 Chevrolet Silverado CCSB. 98mm turbo, nitrous, 428LSX, Rossler 80E with a brake. Finally finished. 23 psi, no numbers, Slow as hell.

PBM G8- Aluminum 364, twin Precision 67/66 turbos, 6L90 trans swap, CTS-V/Vaporworx fuel system, slowly making progress.

Dads 2011 CTS-V- Stock bottom end, stock heads, LS9 cam, pullies, ported blower, ported TB, D3 goodies, and lots of nitrous.
    618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Caterpillar 50 Forklift- Duramax swap

star all over again ,, get a STOCK File ,
    you can always download free stock file from the HP tuner

your PE is 20%
    meaning all the time in 20% Throttle , u are hitting WOT
    you need to adjust that ,,

tocuhing all the tables doenst mean that you are doing the right ,,
    start with your stock file

and follow the book exactly

i tuned many cars by following the boook
    so its not a big deal ,,,

if your PE was like the pic in the end ,,
    means you havnet tuned good ,, u need to adjust the error

just follow the book and if you have anyproblem
    you can call Bob or Ian ,,
    good luck

Abdullah Al-najdi
    00965 99369929

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by IDRIVEAG8GT View Post
    Raspy tick is usually knock retard bud. Take it easy for now.
    I think im going to start over and try to do this tune myself. Judging from my scans do you think that is the case (knock retard?) and if so how would you fix it?

Haven't looked at your scans, however your best bet is to start again with stock timing tables.
    Gray Ghost- The abomination. 2007 Chevrolet Silverado CCSB. 98mm turbo, nitrous, 428LSX, Rossler 80E with a brake. Finally finished. 23 psi, no numbers, Slow as hell.

PBM G8- Aluminum 364, twin Precision 67/66 turbos, 6L90 trans swap, CTS-V/Vaporworx fuel system, slowly making progress.

Dads 2011 CTS-V- Stock bottom end, stock heads, LS9 cam, pullies, ported blower, ported TB, D3 goodies, and lots of nitrous.
    618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Caterpillar 50 Forklift- Duramax swap

Potential Tuner
    Tried to download the stock file off the website but it is asking for credits.....i though it was free.

this is a stock file

i have compared with your file
    there are many different in the
    idle RPM AIRFLOW

AIRFLOW Dynamic

i dont know if your tuner has changed this number

or this is your STOCK numbers ,,,
    because today i relized that some cars same model ,, they come different ,, because i just tuned a car ,, and it was different

with all respect ,, and i might be wrong

but i dont think your tuner changed these numbers ,,, so you can copay paste from the advance

trust me ,, you dont have to do this ,,,
    you still need to learn ,,

get your car to a good tuner
    let him tune your car ,, you need to read more then 3 months and then you will understand what is going on ,,

if i were in your shoes ,, i will take it to someone who tune the car

you dont want to damage your engine becuase you wanna learn

because you wont learn now !
    becuase you dont know what is going on ,, so just relax ,, and take it to tuner

this is the best advice i can give u

Abdullah Al-najdi
    00965 99369929

Potential Tuner
    That was kinda my plan from the begining. I was hoping to have a set of eyes look over my tune and make sure that it was my tune that was messed up and not my car. I was planning on taking a trip into raliegh and having RPM tune my car..I bought my HP tuners module from a friend in hopes that it would at least open the tuning world up to me.

Potential Tuner
    im gonna bring it back to a stock tune and run it out to RPM next week..would you take a look at this tune and lemme know you opinion of it? Its my attempt at a stock tune. I used the tools in the VCM editior to compare it to a tune in the repository...i just wanna see what you think.