Thread: Normal AFR deviation?

Advanced Tuner

Normal AFR deviation?

Guys what is an acceptable AFR deviation, day to day?

I did a few WOT pulls last night and got the car right on .85 lambda. Now today, it is slightly richer.... about .83 lambda in certain cells.

Is that acceptable? Or are some of you experts able to get it to be dead nuts all the time? I am running SD, but my IAT is relocated to the front of my radiator and it is an omega. It was pulling in ambient at the time, so I know it wasn't a factor.

Did you rescale for the new temp sensor? Was it a consistent .83 lambda the whole run?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by sarg View Post
    Did you rescale for the new temp sensor? Was it a consistent .83 lambda the whole run?
    I didn't realize I had to rescale anything? The temp sensor is just a stock c5 housing with an omega thermistor soldered in. It was reading 45 degrees when it was 45 degrees outside.

No, actually the AFR came in line as the rpms got 5k+. It was just off in the mid range, but that was definitely on last night. Or at least was on for the two runs I did.

Advanced Tuner
    Ok I think I know what is going on...

My map KPA during wot runs sometimes hits 103, depending on the weather.

When I was tuning, it hit the 100 kpa cells and I adjusted there but did not touch the 105 cells...I forgot to hand smooth them. I will load up the tune after work and see how it looks.