Thread: 6l80 reduce % torque management

Advanced Tuner

6l80 reduce % torque management

Greetings

is there any way to reduce only a % of torque management on 2011, 2012 cars and trucks.
    My sierra is killing transmissions if I remove it... could you give me a pointer on how to reduce it.. I read about cold shift factor, would this work?

Thanks for your help

Not the cold multiplier. Just below that in the list, all they way at the bottom you will find "Adder Modifier". This is a range from "0" to "-1.00". Make sure you enter negative numbers in this area. This table will allow you to control how much tm you take out and in what torque and RPM area you want it to come of. "-.2500" will take out 25% of the torque management leaving 75% in. "-.5000" will take out 50% and so on.
    Last edited by Longslyde; 03-01-2012 at 04:05 PM.
    2017 GMC Sierra Crew Cab
    Forged 6.2L Flex Fuel Tuned
    Twin Turbo 13 PSI
    8L90E Transmission
    3.23 Gears

Yes, it runs on E85 too and LOVES it! ;D

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks for your help

Since youre a fellow trucker and my combo is really like yours. How much torque management do you suggest to have mi trans live more than 10 runs at the track... 50%

Thanks again

I'm on a modded transmission now, not running much tm, I'm at 10-15% in the higher rpm just to engage faster. When I ran my stock trans, I was at 25% (or -.7500) in the lower rpm (under 3000rpm) and torque ranges, and 50% (-.5000) in the upper ranges. You'll have to play with the settings and see what you like best. If you're running forced induction like I am, you'll definitely need to play with the pressure settings also. especially if you're frying the clutches. When I first started, I got the 6-speed auto tuning guide from the tuning school and it definitely made it last better. But the rules don't apply to my transmission anymore. It was a good guide for a stock trans. They get $99 for it if you order from the tuning school, if you'd like to have my copy, I would sell it to you $60 shipped. I don't need it anymore.
    2017 GMC Sierra Crew Cab
    Twin Turbo 13 PSI
    8L90E Transmission
    3.23 Gears

Advanced Tuner
    Their guide is already coming home .. I ordered on monday.

i could have saved a few dollars

thnaks again for your help

LOL! Bummer, well if anyone else needs it, it is up for grabs.
    2017 GMC Sierra Crew Cab
    Twin Turbo 13 PSI
    8L90E Transmission
    3.23 Gears

Quote Originally Posted by miguelc View Post
    Thanks for your help

Since youre a fellow trucker and my combo is really like yours. How much torque management do you suggest to have mi trans live more than 10 runs at the track... 50%

Thanks again
    If you're running 10s in a 6000 lb beast then you "may" want to consider getting a race trans rather than fiddling with TM....

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Longslyde View Post
    LOL! Bummer, well if anyone else needs it, it is up for grabs.
    I'll take it.................
    2016 GMC Sierra Double Cab...?..

Quote Originally Posted by Longslyde View Post
    Not the cold multiplier. Just below that in the list, all they way at the bottom you will find "Adder Modifier". This is a range from "0" to "-1.00". Make sure you enter negative numbers in this area. This table will allow you to control how much tm you take out and in what torque and RPM area you want it to come of. "-.2500" will take out 25% of the torque management leaving 75% in. "-.5000" will take out 50% and so on.
    for this to work,, do i have to set all "Shift Torque Factor Adder" values to "1"?
    i have some set to "0" which "Adder Modifier" multiplies for nothing,,
    09 CTS-V A6