Thread: Having trouble tuning and need some help please.

Having trouble tuning and need some help please.

Ive been doing some work, research, and cut and paste and cant seem to find anything making much of a difference. Any one have any recommendations or a starting point. I feel like I have a decent concept for using my HP TUner but no matter what i do i dont seem to be happy with the drive after making some changes. Im new to Doing my own tuning and dont want to change something i am going to regret. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Attached is what ive got so far but dont know if im heading in the right direction or not. I feel like im stuck against a wall.
    99 silverado 1500 5.3, 30 over, all new ported, polished, and milled heads 30 thou, 220 226 custom BEI cam. 2" intake valves, ported & polished TB, Long tube ceramic coated headers, magna flow cats, y pipe, 3" magnaflow, vera ram air intake, I6 TB stall, All new Drivetrain, 3 Trans coolers, Auburn E-Locker, 4.56 gears, Throttle body bypass, Flex-a-Lite E-Fans, LS1 e-fan harness, ASP Under Drive Pullleys, HP Tuner Pro. 1 Bar MAP SD OS upgrade. Amsoil EA Bypass Oil Filtration system.

Advanced Tuner
    What is the vehicle doing that you don't like? What are the modifications?
    2016 GMC Sierra 1500 6.2L

The main issue is i dont feel like anything i do is making a difference. I dont really have many mods other then headers and a higher stall. I played with torque managment, shift point, shift times, shift firmness and timing but cant find anything that makes a difference. It seems to fall into 1st gear on a rolling downshift. and no power on the road. I feel like if i load my factory tune it runs stronger then what i have done so far.
    99 silverado 1500 5.3, 30 over, all new ported, polished, and milled heads 30 thou, 220 226 custom BEI cam. 2" intake valves, ported & polished TB, Long tube ceramic coated headers, magna flow cats, y pipe, 3" magnaflow, vera ram air intake, I6 TB stall, All new Drivetrain, 3 Trans coolers, Auburn E-Locker, 4.56 gears, Throttle body bypass, Flex-a-Lite E-Fans, LS1 e-fan harness, ASP Under Drive Pullleys, HP Tuner Pro. 1 Bar MAP SD OS upgrade. Amsoil EA Bypass Oil Filtration system.

Advanced Tuner
    If the vehicle that you're tuning is the vehicle in your signature and you've only got headers and a stall, why is your injector data changed?
    2016 GMC Sierra 1500 6.2L

If the stock tune feels stronger, then start back at that. No use in chasing your tail. And tranny tuning goes fast so don't be scared to start over.
    Last edited by oakley6575; 02-29-2012 at 01:51 PM.
    2003 Chevy Silverado Daily Driver, 408 Iron Block,
    LS3 Heads/Intake, 231/239 114, 4L80e, Yank SST 3200.

Quote Originally Posted by 99LS1SS View Post
    If the vehicle that you're tuning is the vehicle in your signature and you've only got headers and a stall, why is your injector data changed?
    If its changed along with that VE table. I would think its blowing raw fuel out the tail pipes

i agree

Quote Originally Posted by oakley6575 View Post
    If the stock tune feels stronger, then start back at that. No use in chasing your tail. And if tranny tuning goes fast so don't be scared to start over.
    ive been there buddy just start all over when ur new to the tuning is always faster to start over then to go back and try to find ur mistakes which could take forever if u dont know what you are looking for.. save the file and dont erase it when u make a new file and the veh. runs better and stronger then go to the compare file option and compare the files to find what you moved and made the veh crap out the first time.

Thanks for all the help. Im off work tomorrow and know what i will be doing. Ill let you know what i get. Thanks again.

One more question. I recently rebuilt my transfer case, and transmission but it seems to be slamming down into first when rolling to a stop with no throttle. Ive tried backing off on pressures and time of shift. any ideas?