Thread: Can't read DTC's

Can't read DTC's

I have been having this issue for a while; I am unable to pull the DTCs from the computer. I have 2 vehicles I tune, a 2004 silverado and a 99 silverado. The 2004 will work most of the time, but not all, and I have never been able to get the 99 to work. I have the latest beta (2.23.442). I can clear the codes by clicking the red X, but I need to see what they actually are and refreshing doenst do anything. Also tried it in just key on engine off and does not work.

I emailed support but haven't received a reply yet. Im not sure if there is a common issue or what. Any help would be excellent, thanks.

email them again iam sure they will get back to u. have u tried it with the veh running?

Yes, same thing; no codes showing.

Theyre suggestion was to install the old version 2.22, but I havent had the chance to try that yet.

...and it suddenly starts working fine today.

wont showtcd

my 2009 g8 scans and graph things but when i code pops up u can clear just not read it ? When i hit vehicle info wont show car info tried eveything

Tuner in Training
    Im having the same problem, worked before but today my MIL light came on and the thing wont bring up any codes, its not saying " No DTC's Detected" like it usually does which leads me to believe its a problem with the GUI, is there a text based command i can use to make it poll the vehicle for diagnostic information?

I am having a similar problem with 2.23, but my problem might be beyond HPT. I recently noticed that I can't see any DTC's or any of the O2/EGR statuses in the display, but then today I found out that the state inspection equipment can't see it either, so they failed me.

What would cause the PCM to stop reporting this information?

2000 Regal GS | Twin-Charged T72 | HPT Pro + PLX Wideband | 12.55 @ 110 on 15psi | Now running 20psi on E85!

1998 5.9L Durango | Powerdyne supercharger @6psi | Mesa Headers | Gibson Cat-back | 1.7 RR's | Tuned PCM | Ported Heads | Custom TB & Intake | Custom fuel rails | Rebuild coming soon...

I can't get read any DTCs either. I've tried a 2005 Silverado and a 2008 Silverado. It will scan all day long and read/write tunes no problem. But I'm really needing to see what the codes are and it isn't letting me.

Keep in mind that if they are tranny codes (in later model vehicles with a seperate trans controller), the scanner will not see/list them
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com

Tuner in Training
    I am having trouble seeing codes also.

Never had this problem in the past.
    I have tried on 3 different vehicles and cant get any to work.

I have a customers 2003 Duramax that I need to see what DTC's its having so I can diagnose it.

I connected tomy personal duramax and couldnt see any codes on it either, but when I looked for codes onit with my Edge monitor I saw there were some DTC's. why cant I see them with the VCM scanner?
    2010 Camaro SS - 427 Stroker - Kenne Bell - 735 rwhp / 665 rwtq
    2005 Pontiac GTO - HP Tuners, flowmaster mufflers ...12.77@108 344 rwhp /344 rwtq
    2004 Silverado 2500HD Diesel - 527 rwhp / 840 rwtq...so far

Try just turning the key to run without starting. I never could recreate the problem consistently, just have to try every combination over and over until one eventually works. But most of the time it works like it should...

I had to plug in an old handheld to see what my check engine light was. My HP tuners scanner won't show anything. It doesn't even say "no codes reported" when the light is off. Are there any updates regarding this matter yet?

Just had this happen to me 2.24.81. Can clear DTC, but not read them...they are all blank. Scanner connects everything else works (scan, VCM controls etc). Just doesn't show any code information, test information. Worked fine same version two weeks ago. Any update?
    2017 Chevrolet SS, Orange Blast Metallic, Rotofab CAI. Headers coming soon. Stock Tune for now
    Previous Rides: 2008 G8 GT, 2004 GTO, 2004 GTP, 2002 TA

Potential Tuner
    im having the same issue as stated above as well was working fine now wont show any dtcs but my cheap hand held pulls them up just fine any one have any luck I emailed support but no reply

Same here. It'd be nice to find a solution to this. I'm going to reinstall the software and see if that works.

Tuner in Training
    Add me to the list 2009 G8 GT.

Same issue here, worked before, but now nothing happens when I connect or hit refresh. I have a abs code I need to pull.

Just installed the newest version and it's working again...