Thread: LAP VVT tuning

Tuner

LAP VVT tuning

2009 LAP Tuning vvt is a different from the LNF.

I'm need helping understanding what I am looking at here.
    None of the numbers seem to be what I'm actually seeing in the log

There is 3 tables for each intake and exhaust cam, low, med and high baro. How can I differentiate which one is doing what.
    What are the numbers in the table directly related to? Its adjustable from 0-128 degrees.

Not much information out there on this specific engine.
    I don't want to do trial and error, just need an idea of what I am looking at.
    Last edited by Ryze; 02-27-2012 at 11:42 AM.

Tuner
    It looks very similar to the tables for the LE5 going off of what appears to be the egr areas in the tables. I had a pdf on the cam profiles for some ecotecs but im not sure where its gone off to. I don't think it had the lap though only the l61 if i recall right.
    I'll see if i can find it anyhow. It might end up being useful

Also, while it says 0 to 128 its actually more than likely only 0 to 25 degrees possible angles of the vvt system
    Last edited by viceroykarl; 03-30-2012 at 02:40 PM.
    2006 Cobalt SS LE5 | ZZP 2.5" Downpipe | ZZP Cams | HP Tuned

Tuner in Training
    He worked with it and got some gains out of it by trial and error. Looks like its at its peak right now. Probably will go to stock settings when i put the S/C on then rework it.

Im working on some cam tables for a LE5 with a S/C right now. I rescaled the entire timing table since loads were different and it made a huge difference in the way the car drove. Even the LSJ timing curve was scaled different. Since i made those dramatic changes in timing im almost positive the cam timing needs to be adjusted. Il share what I come up with later.
    HP-Unlimited Tuning and Custom Fabrication
    Houston area performance parts dealer
    MD800 Mustang Dyno 713-560-3889 Taylor
    2016 Camaro A8 "shop car" FIRST 6th GEN CAMARO OVER 200mph IN THE MILE 203.5mph