Thread: Is anyone tuning a 6l80 with adaptive learning turned off?

Is anyone tuning a 6l80 with adaptive learning turned off?

Shift feel on my car changes and gets less consistent when I don't flash it for a couple weeks. I wonder if anyone else has this problem and if they cured it by turning the adaptive learning off.
    1971 Corvette-LS3 swap with custom cam. Stainless headers and sheet metal intake built by the owner. 442rwhp.

2007 STS-V-Billet Precision 67mm turbo swap. 563rwhp@15psi.

1991 Camaro-6.0 swap with LS6 heads and custom cam. Headers and other swap bits fabricated by myself (wife's car)

Yes, I turned mine off and it works but my car is race only. Might not work well on the street.

2008 Pontiac G8 GT, IHRA Modified, NHRA Pro ET

I had noticed this at times also. In my situation, I found that I had more pressure added to my shift than the timing I asked for actually needed. The adapts then pulled it down and it would be inconsistent until it learned every shift in every cell and adapted accordingly. I shortened the shift times by
    -.0250 in the areas that were giving me problems and things seemed to stay consistent. I keep the adapts on in my situation since it is primarily a street vehicle. This way, If things change in the transmission from normal wear, it will make the appropriate adjustments rather than me trying to keep up with it.
    Hope you get it worked out!
    2017 GMC Sierra Crew Cab
    Forged 6.2L Flex Fuel Tuned
    Twin Turbo 13 PSI
    8L90E Transmission
    3.23 Gears

Yes, it runs on E85 too and LOVES it! ;D