Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Issues with lsj

Issues with lsj

I'm new to tuning the lsj, when I tune for my fuel trims they don't seem to be doing anything. I'm trying to tune only the maf right now, and I am doing it the same way I do my lnf. I have my histo setup with the STFT sensor and the maf airflow vs. output freq table. So after I log I copy and paste special into the maf table to make the changes, but my fuel trims are still always off.

What am I doing wrong?

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    the lsj fuel trims get subtracted or added from the main fuel table. i believe the maf is still percent.

once i had stft and ltft reading -30 no matter what and for some reason the added sensor list was reading it wrong so i had to remove and reinsert those sensors to the list.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Tuner in Training
    You need to change your rpm enable/disable for Dynamic Airflow
    Boost Lover

To tune the fuel trims you have to add them together to get the % off you need. STFT+LTFT custom pid and use that on the maf table. Don't forget like above person said change the dynamic settings lower like 300 and 200 rpm.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    thats what it was..add them up for correct value.. its back asswards from the lnf
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

I have the dynamic airflow table set to 300 and 200 already. And I have the lt+st pid already made, I'll plug it in instead of just the stft sensor. I'll try and get in a log today after work and see if this helps.

Also the car is running rich, what do I need to adjust to lean it out a bit more?

Advanced Tuner
    Take the LTFT+STFT vs Maf Freq. and highlight the whole table copy and paste special in the tune. Smooth out the areas that the log might not have hit but dont smooth the whole curve out because typically you wont have a reading for the lowest HZ and highest HZ in the log.

If you go to the cell(s) that it is rich multiple by less than 1.0 (i.e. .98, .95, .8, etc.)and itll lean that cell out.

So once I get this maf dialed in, the afr will go from 14.0 to 14.7 where it should be?

Advanced Tuner
    In open loop it is 14.0 or closed loop? In closed loop the AFRs should sway around 14.7..

In closed loop its at 14.0

I would assume I need to change more than just the maf to get these to go to 14.7 afr.

Advanced Tuner
    No, if dynamic is set tto 300 200 like you said then the MAF is the only thing you need to tune to get the fueling corrected. Also does it stay at 14.0? Doesnt flucuate?

It flucuates between 13.7 and 14.2 roughly

What injectors the car have and where you get settings?

60's, I used the Injector Spreadsheet

Advanced Tuner
    Interesting that it will not hunt around 14.7. What WB do you have? What are the trims like? (+/-5, 10?)

With the scanner turn off closed loop and clear trims, what is the AFR at idle?

I would have to look again for where the fuel trims are at. i want to say about 2-4% off when cruising. At WOT it is 4.89 consistantly. Idle is a little more off just not sure what exactly.

He has an AEM uego wideband.

Advanced Tuner
    The car should be fueling around 14.7 in CL. Not sure whats going on, maybe the sensor.

4.89 at WOT? You are using trims to tune WOT? Why not WB % Error to get it perfect. The reason you are getting exactly 4.89 is due to the LTFT I would think. The car goes in OL and STFT 0 and LTFT sometimes stay or set to 0-.

How do I use WB % error?

Ill look over the tune again, maybe I have one of my tables messed up or a wrong number somewhere. I'm going to see if he is busy tonight and try to log some more.