Thread: 0% torque Managment on stock 2007 SS trailblazer

Potential Tuner

0% torque Managment on stock 2007 SS trailblazer

Alrights guys I'm new to the tuning world and I have heard that some guys run no TM with out problems and some say you have to leave it if it's stock 4L70e? I'm running about 50% on my now and would like to know if I could take it all out?

If you are all stock, what little gain you'll see from eliminating tm is not worth it. That trans, in stock from is a ticking time bomb. I pulled mine at 24,000 miles in perfect condition and had it built to FLT level 5 specs and it has been in for 112,000 mile with zero tm.
    2007 Chevy Trailblazer SS AWD with boltons GP tuned
    2012 Chevy Cruze A6 LTZ RS Vermount Stade 0 tuned

Tuner
    I have a TBSS 2008 50% TM very good so far.

Thanks,
    Mr. 2008 SS
    E-Fans*160 Stat*K@N Filter* FlowMaster Catback Duals*HP Tuned By Me USA

^ Have you ever made a 1/4 mile pass at 100% tm and 50% tm to see the difference? Just wondering. I never have. I personally wouldn't risk it on an all stock truck. Imo.
    2007 Chevy Trailblazer SS AWD with boltons GP tuned
    2012 Chevy Cruze A6 LTZ RS Vermount Stade 0 tuned

Advanced Tuner
    I don't have a TBSS but I only remove 50% myself too. Truck has no problems chirping the wheels either.
    2012 Chevy Cruze A6 1LT RS

Formerly - 2004 GTO, 2002 Z28, 2007 Colorado, 2008 Silverado

Advanced Tuner
    I have tested this theory numerous times in my personal truck. At the track with actual time slips, logging time vs speed with the scanner and also with a g tech meter that I have confirmed is within a tenth of running at an actual track. Making a run with ALL of the torque management enabled on the shifts and then making a run with torque management completely disabled on the shifts and everytime it's been worth a tenth or less reduction with most times being only half a tenth or so.

Like I said this testing I've done has just been on my personal vehicle as I am not going to take any customers cars/trucks I tune and go out and run the crap out of them. But this is what I have come up with. Most of the time with a basically stock 4L60E, 4L65E, 4L70E I don't go beyond a 50% reduction in torque management and I've got a lot of vehicles out there that I have tuned without any transmission failures including my truck which has now over a 100k on the original trans with many track passes and still going strong.
    2017 Silverado LTZ