Thread: There is no "MAF Hz" PID in VCM Scanner Tables

Potential Tuner

There is no "MAF Hz" PID in VCM Scanner Tables

I have a 2005 Cadillac CTS-V. It is running on operating system 24508208. For some reason I cannot read MAF Hz on the Scanner in order to set up a Histogram to adjust my MAF curve. I have done it on another vehicle but for some reason when I plug into the CTS-V it will not allow me to read the MAF Hz.

I cleared the last vehicle in scanner and re-connected and it still isn't there.

I thought maybe something was lost with just writing calibration so I did a write entire and reset the vehicle in scanner again and I can't get it to come up as an option under PID-Engine-Airflow....

I am lost on this so any help you might have would help. I have voltage at the MAF sensor and a good ground. I have the professional version of HP Tuners. Is there a way to take the signal wire from the MAF sensor and use it as an input? Or is there more to calculating the Hz than that.

Thanks ahead of time for your help and suggestions.
    Last edited by bryaner22; 02-12-2012 at 11:05 PM. Reason: add a picture
    2005 Cadillac CTS-V. 408 stroker 512 rwhp.

Potential Tuner

Picture

Here is a picture of my VCM Scanner. You can see its not on the list. Also where it used to be I circled it in red and it states "unsupported parameter"

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    try deleting your .os file so the software will repoll for the available pids.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    I'm not really sure what you mean by .os file. While in the scanner I hit "tools" then "options" and selected "clear last used vehicle." When I re-connected still nothing. I looked in program files on the cpu for an .os file but didn't see any there. Sorry, I just don't know exactly what you mean. Can you please elaborate?

Thanks

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    it would be in your hptuners-vehicles folder and stores the pid information in it.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    Got it!

Thank you very much for a quick and accurate response. I should have logged in here earlier. I have been jacking with this thing all day. Now I need a beer.

Having almost the same problem.

At first i had the same problem with the same histogram, so i did what was said. The histogram came back after deleting, worked for a few minutes then went back to the same problem. Deleted the .os again and it came up but when i connect, it goes back again to saying not supported in my histogram display.

Also no matter what setting i try in my row/col axis i can not put anything in the row selection,it's grayed out for everything.
    Last edited by Ghostnotes; 02-13-2012 at 06:52 PM.

Potential Tuner

Unsupported Parameters

Here is a log file from a 2011 CTS V that gave me the "Unsupported Parameter" problem along with the VCM Scanner.cfg. When I open the log, the particular PIDs get replaced with the Unsupported Parameter. When I close the log file, PIDs come back. When I open the sample log file that came with the software, 2009 Chevy Silvarado, a whole different config seems to get loaded.

VCM Scanner Ver 2.23.446 which pops the Beta Software warning at startup.

Attachment 32900

Attachment 32901

Senior Tuner
    I see multiple MAF Airflow and one has units of Hz. Are you sure it's
    not just an unexpected change of PID nomenclature? Which might
    have mussed up the checking, I guess.

Potential Tuner
    You are the MAN Bill, thanks