Thread: I need a kick in the head/new eyes

Tuner in Training

I need a kick in the head/new eyes

I'm finally back into working on my project and now I'm completely lost.

Here is what the LS1 has: F13 cam, FAST 92/92, Patriot heads, Z06 MAF, 42# (green) injectors.

Back during the warm weather it would run rough until warmed up. Now, I foul plugs like there's no tomorrow and the car won't idle on it's own (its been in the 30's F over the weekend.

For a brief moment it started and ran well, then just died 10 seconds later. Today with what I thought was a very similar tune, was pure hell.

I followed the start up links but I must be missing something. It's running so bad I can't even get a log

Advanced Tuner
    What car is the engine associated with?
    2016 GMC Sierra 1500 6.2L

Tuner in Training
    Its in an 89 Firebird. Full LS harness swap and whatnot.

What kind of tune did you start with? And is the injector data correct?
    -------------------------------------
    01 SS Red A4 #4987

Looks like everything is shut off? Stft Ltft and the maf. Plus idle air is zeroed out for P/N.

Tuner in Training
    I started with with a stock 2002 Firebird tune and changed the fuel injectors as per the info I was able to dig up. Am I positive it's correct? No, but I have no concrete data to compare it to.

It looks like I turned off a little more than I should have. STFT are back and a few other idle parameters.

I have been playing around with the base running idle airflow and it doesn't seem to have any effect on how the car runs/idles.

Today I put in some OEM parameters and changed the open loop EQ ratio with some success. As you can see in the log, my IAC counts are a little high, but it seems if I mess around with the idle screw and resetting the TPS, all hell breaks loose.