Thread: p2138

Tuner in Training

p2138

Hi i am having an app problem i believe. the engine is a 5.3l (2011) swapped into a 1987 el camino. All parts are from the same vehicle (pedals, tps, sensors, etc.) There is a known problem with the maf and p0172 and p0171 codes. I checked for vacuum leaks and found none. Im going to try and post a log and my tune in ordinance with asking questions on this forum. Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated. p.s. let me know if i loaded the necessary parts (log and tune) wrong!

Attachment 32582

Attachment 32583
    Last edited by 69face; 02-11-2012 at 03:00 PM.

Tuner in Training
    ok, I took the vehicle for a drive and the problem hasn't come back. I unwrapped the harness from the app to ecm to check for any shorts, openings, or frayed wires, but found nothing. I am going to check the soldering and heat shrink areas in the morning to check for corrosion. thanks for any help

Tuner in Training

sputtering but then runs fine

hi, I am trying to get some of the gremlins out of my swap. the vehicle drives fine after it sets a p0101, p0172, and p0175 and sputters. could this be just a maf problem. the scanner shows that the Iat is constantly in the red(hot). any guidance would be appreciated

Tuner in Training
    there was a small slit in on of the wires to the the pedal which let a bit of corrosion in. cut, cleaned and resoldered and the problem is gone, so if anyone else has the p2138 woes check all wiring very carefully.

Tuner in Training

sputtering still there

the car still sputters but and has the above codes minus p2138. any ideas? It heat soaks pretty bad also no matter what. Its a fairly stock motor. I have a micky mouse cold air intake, headers, and thats it. I know something is off with the maf also Im just not tuned enough to figure it out yet. any help would be awesome.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by c.u View Post
    Set the po101 back to 1 set the p0068 back to 800 rpm. Set PE like the screen shot. Looks to be some unmeter air going on with the cold intake. see if you can get the po101 out the way then work on the rest of it.
    You are exactly correct. There was unmetered air. I made a location closest the throttle body and all problems went away. I have learned that the computer and all sensors must be healthy to start the tuning process. I truly appreciate your time.
    Attachment 37258 before

Attachment 37259 after

Attachment 37260 after2
    Last edited by 69face; 11-24-2012 at 03:05 PM. Reason: add pics

Your welcome. Btw nice work it looks good.