Thread: 60lb injector tuning

Potential Tuner

60lb injector tuning

Hey guys i need some help. I have been trying to tune for my injectors. I got the flow rate after doing the calculations on hp tuners. What else do i need to do? I have a 2000 camaro with a t3/t60-1 turbo all stock motor. Injector data is below and attached is my current tune.

Also if some one could make me a quick list of what is tuned first and last if it is not to much trouble.

(note) I have driven the car on a base tune but i know that is playing with fire and i need to learn how to do this the right way.

Coil Resistance: 12.5 Ohms / High Impedance / High-Z (No ECM driver modifications required)
    Static Flow Rate @ 43.5PSI ( 300kPa ) w/Gas: 60 lb/hr = 630 cc/min = 453 g/min
    Static Flow Rate @ 87PSI ( 600kPa ) w/Gas: 85.7 lb/hr = 900 cc/min = 648 g/min
    Gain: 0.11ms/mg
    Offset: 0.055ms
    Turn on time @ 14VDC: 1.14ms
    Turn off time: 0.85ms @ 600KPa
    Series: DEKA 4 ( DEKA IV )
    Orifice Type: Multi-orifice
    Spray Pattern: 30 Degree Spray Cone
    Factory fitted with Viton upper and lower o-rings

Siemens Deka tall or short?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by max1 View Post
    Siemens Deka tall or short?
    EVO 1 I think those are the short ones. i bought them off os zzp performace

injector values for those injectors are on the greg banish SME-DVD1

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by max1 View Post
    injector values for those injectors are on the greg banish SME-DVD1
    Thats great that they are on a 250 disk but that doesn't do me any good. are the injector values that have been posted are not the correct values

Advanced Tuner
    I dont know about 3800 f bodies but 3800 w bodies do not have access to all injector data through hpt public release ( only flow rate vs kpa available)

I think I read you can request access with beta , most w body 3800 guys going to bigger injectors correctly just use tiny tuner to access full injector data until the next public release
    PB's 1/4 mi 12.21 117.75 trap ,1/8 mi. 7.779 93.99trap , 1.949 short time (FWD W body)

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by murphinator View Post
    I dont know about 3800 f bodies but 3800 w bodies do not have access to all injector data through hpt public release ( only flow rate vs kpa available)

I think I read you can request access with beta , most w body 3800 guys going to bigger injectors correctly just use tiny tuner to access full injector data until the next public release
    Well I do have access to the offset vs. volts tables i just don't know how to use them mainly because there is a rang from 9 to 14 volts and all the values are differnt in the tables.

Tuner in Training
    Stock offsets work fine.

I would just multiply out your stock flow tables... I think HPT reads back in LB, so you can just put in 64.3 for the injector size.

As far as PE goes... Lower your PE entry point to like 35% TPS (or whenever you typically start making boost), then make sure you are commanding 11.5ish while in PE. Your base PE vs coolant temp should be fine.
    Last edited by darkhorizon; 02-17-2012 at 05:49 PM.

This the IFR table i had for 60's on pump gas.

This is what i had for e85.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by darkhorizon View Post
    Stock offsets work fine.

I would just multiply out your stock flow tables... I think HPT reads back in LB, so you can just put in 64.3 for the injector size.

As far as PE goes... Lower your PE entry point to like 35% TPS (or whenever you typically start making boost), then make sure you are commanding 11.5ish while in PE. Your base PE vs coolant temp should be fine.
    I thought about just muiltiplying out eh stock flow tables but then i was reading on the flow rate calulator so i got all lost. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by glanzergtx View Post
    This the IFR table i had for 60's on pump gas.

This is what i had for e85.
    Thank you for posting this i have been looking for a vidual on a table and that is sweet with the added e85 it is been somthing i have been looking into. crazy to see how differnt it is from 91 to e85.