Thread: Idle dips when stopping (log attached)

Tuner in Training

Idle dips when stopping (log attached)

Trying to help my manager get this out of his Vette. The car was tuned in TX a few years back and now is in NC not sure if that makes a big difference or not. Its a auto with 3k stall, 228/230 cam, ported 241s and stock tb intake etc...
    When coasting down to a stop the car will dip to below 400 rpm and ocassionally cut completely off. I tried messing with the raf which made it better but it still surges when stopping. It wont do it on a quick stop just when coasting down and coming to a stop slowly. Heres a file of the tune and a long log where it done it a couple times, any help would be appreciated!!!

Tuner in Training
    Anyone have a idea on what looks out of whack??

rolling idle is zeroed out. and that VE table is jacked up bad.

Hmm. No real tuners are in here yet so i guess i can play. Spark table is unreal. I am a n00b and really shocked that thing is running right now. Its real bad... Just from what i know.
    Last edited by smokestack; 02-09-2012 at 05:07 PM.

Holy... That log is crazy.

The spark advance during the whole log is horrible. It bounces up and down like I've never seen before. Also the fuel trims are going crazy. I think I saw upwards of +/-15 at one point. You need a lot of work done to the VE table. I would start there. In fact, I would start from a stock tune and go from there
    2003 Chevy Silverado Daily Driver, 408 Iron Block,
    LS3 Heads/Intake, 231/239 114, 4L80e, Yank SST 3200.

Tuner in Training
    I was seeing the same things just needed some extra eyes to look at it since I'm a newbie also.

Advanced Tuner
    In my inexperienced opinion there are quite a few things that need to be changed. I just got through fighting idle with a Camaro that has a cam slightly larger than yours but it has a larger intake and throttle body.

Your idle rpm is set too high. Your idle airflow seems a little high too. With your cam you should be able to idle fine in the low 800s. Once you get your idle timing tables and your High Octane tables in line then you'll likely have a much better idle.

I've attached my Camaro tune for a reference point. This isn't a finished product but it should get you closer that you are now.

Hopefully it will help you. Where in NC are you? I'm in Jamestown/Greensboro.

The Idle Airflow table isn't the same as yours so I'm attaching a screenshot of mine for a reference.
    http://www.usamls.net/brandon/images...flow_table.jpg
    Last edited by 99LS1SS; 02-10-2012 at 08:01 AM.
    2016 GMC Sierra 1500 6.2L

Tuner in Training
    Im from the eastern nc area! Thanks for the advice guys

Tuner in Training
    Think I'd be best off starting from scratch? I dont have much time to work on this anyway to just get it working off this tune?

Tuner in Training
    Got it all fixed, it was in the disabled throttle crackee