Thread: 3800 fans won't turn on @ any Temps. Can control with VCM Controls

Tuner in Training

3800 fans won't turn on @ any Temps. Can control with VCM Controls

2000 Bonneville 3.8 non supercharger. 180 degree stat. Fans will not on turn at set temperatures or any other for that matter. No Codes. VCM Control will turn fans on low and Hi. Unplug sensor will throw codes and turn fans on. I have tried many combinations and spreads. Last settings tried. Please Help!!!!
    Last edited by SHIPMANLIGHTS; 02-01-2012 at 03:43 PM.

disable Climate Control override, in some vehicles (like yours) the HVAC system controls the fans.
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuner in Training
    Thank you for the fast reply. I have had it both ways. Still fans will not turn on. with any temperature settings.

Tuner in Training
    Is this a software problem or internal CPU problem? If I can command the fans via VCM what can it be? Any help greatly appreciated !!

please email support with your stock file so we can check it out.

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuner in Training
    I did. Thank you. I received an email stating that it didn't look like the stock file. That is all I have. Can the problem still be determined?

ok it was a bug, fixed in 2.23.511 or later, support will probably contact you when the download is available.

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

btw, before you install the new version please change the climate control override value back to whatever it was originally.
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuner in Training
    Thank you for the help. I really appreciate it. I emailed a couple logs with fan info and the last tune file to Bill. I know this broad question, But How long does it usually take for the software update?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Its already built, I'm just waiting to hear back so I know where to upload it
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Email sent. Thanks!!!!!

Tuner in Training
    I am impressed!! Whatever you all did works perfect. Less than 24 hours from when I posted my problem, you solved it and have me up and running. That's Service!! A++++++ Thank you!!!!

Glad you're up and running
    I count sheep in hex...

i'm a huge 3800 hundred fan and it doesn't take me much to get turned on. just sayin
    2001 3.8 v6 camaro, T5, ford 42lb green top injectors, grand national .63 a/r turbo. 8psi. stock motor, ngk tr6 plugs (one step colder) 91 octane.

2001 4.3 zr2 s10. daily driver, 31" tires, 4x4, cat! and exhaust. looking for mpg.

Tuner
    i think i'm suffering from the same issue where can i get the updated beta from?

i'm only using fan#2 ground and i can manually activate but i can't get it to run any other way

thanks chris

edit: tried the new beta to no avail can activate fan #2 trigger in vcm controls but it will not activate with regards to specified temperatures
    Last edited by vltrb-0; 04-11-2012 at 06:50 AM.

Tuner in Training
    Bump for the same problem but on a stock '01 impala of a friend.

I can turn on the fans low and high with the vcm controls, but the engine will get up to 230*+ and the fans will never come on. Can't get the AC clutch to turn on via stock controls or vcm, assuming this is due to low refrigerant charge, but maybe related? ECU isn't unlocked and he will put in a rocker switch before spending $100 on unlocking the ecu.

any suggestions? Calibration attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2001 2500 silverado 4x4 ex. cab sb lq4 western 7.5' cable plow

Tuner
    Try and turn off CC to disable.

System-Fans-Climate Control-CC Override-DISABLE

When you change that to disable, the PCM will now take charge of the fans instead of the climate control system.
    1997 Black Curse SEi, 4th Engine, 2nd trans.
    2000 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4.3L
    2002 Chevrolet S-10 LS 5.7L

Tuner in Training
    Not going to spend the $100 to unlock the pcm just to get the fan's working. Like I said, he'll put a rocker switch in for them.
    2001 2500 silverado 4x4 ex. cab sb lq4 western 7.5' cable plow

Potential Tuner
    2001 camaro 3800. i would like to be able to turn on cooling fans before 220ish. Any help from tech would be greatly appreciated.