Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 6L80E TCC Lockup Questions

Your TCC line pressure is only going up to 71 psi. It should hit 109.9. That slip would most likely go away with more TCC pressure.

Post up your tune.

Yes, the PE is hacked on this pull. Just wanted to see if I was out of fuel pump. It seems I am.
    Last edited by TimC; 02-02-2012 at 07:48 PM.
    1971 Corvette-LS3 swap with custom cam. Stainless headers and sheet metal intake built by the owner. 442rwhp.

2007 STS-V-Billet Precision 67mm turbo swap. 563rwhp@15psi.

1991 Camaro-6.0 swap with LS6 heads and custom cam. Headers and other swap bits fabricated by myself (wife's car)

Advanced Tuner
    Here you go

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by TimC View Post
    How did you get your chart to expand to show so many PIDs. I've tried right clicking but don't seem to be able to get that under chart settings.
    Last edited by 8850; 02-03-2012 at 02:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 8850 View Post
    How did you get your chart to expand to show so many PIDs. I've tried right clicking but don't seem to be able to get that under chart settings.
    Not sure on that one. You can modify my config if you want.
    1971 Corvette-LS3 swap with custom cam. Stainless headers and sheet metal intake built by the owner. 442rwhp.

1991 Camaro-6.0 swap with LS6 heads and custom cam. Headers and other swap bits fabricated by myself (wife's car)

Quote Originally Posted by bluegoat06 View Post
    Here you go
    Try a more aggressive apply ramp.

Here's mine:

My TCC pressure ramps up a lot quicker than yours. My offset is 90 so you'll want to put 50s in where the 90s are and go from there.

Advanced Tuner
    Tim, to my surprise, the TC looks like it's locking harder than before on WOT, the slip went to 20's rpm this morning in the 3rd gear. The only thing i've changed was going from Shorty headers to LT's, disabled VE, COT and cat tests. nothing else have changed in my tune.

I wanted to get a base fueling/timing log, after installing LT's yesterday, just to see what needed change, so i did a couple of runs this morning, and to my surprise, the RPM slip is now less, and i think also with less tc line pressure.

Should i be concerned with my stock verter ? i know i'm not pushing FI power, it's now CAI and LT's, but still, makes me wonder

I'll post the logs next.

Advanced Tuner
    Here are the print screens. it seems the lock happens a little earlier than before, and the slip is defientely less than before,

This is the same 3rd gear i posted before, when i had the Kooks Shorties

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This is a 3rd gear run in manual mode with LT's

and this is 3rd to 4th gear run in Sport mode, (it only locks in 4th gear at WOT in Sport mode per factory) and had i kept her longer, i'm sure the rpm slip would've been less like it's for 3rd gear at 6300rpm

Last edited by bluegoat06; 02-10-2012 at 12:17 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    And here are the logs,
    wb173_tc_50_offset is the log in 3rd gear manual mode, with the shorties, the other two logs are the ones with the LT's from this morning. 3rd gear in manual mode, 3rd_4th in Sport mode.
    The only difference in the tune, is that for the LT's i have VE,COT and cat tests disabled.
    Last edited by bluegoat06; 02-10-2012 at 12:11 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    And here are the tunes, like i said, i haven't really modified anything since i just wanted to have a base to start building up.

Your TCC pressure is still not maxing out. Try a more aggressive TCC ramp and see if that helps. Either that or set your offset to 160. That will max it out any time it's locked. It's a good way to test for slip at max pressure.

Advanced Tuner
    I was still concerned with the durability of the stock verter at wot, considering the slip was less with the verter locked.
    The file i did for the LT's, doesn't have the offset pressure set at 50 psi like i thought, it's using the stock offset pressure. i just realized yesterday night when i wanted to put back the stock offset pressure, so the less slip rpm i had in my logs yesterday is probably induced by the engine making more power ? oh well, i guess i'll try upping the offset to 50psi again and see what happens.
    Thanks a lot Tim.
    Last edited by bluegoat06; 02-11-2012 at 09:56 AM.

The converter is not going to be negatively affected by higher pressure. The lockup clutch is going to be affected by slip at full throttle though. Just raise it and see what happens.

This is a great thread and I thought I would add my two cents as well. Below is a capture of a cammed/LS3 headed G8 that I did today. This car is still on the stock transmission and convertor I don't have a stock capture but here is an after capture with the converter locked in third.

Offset is set to 50, minimal increases in the high torque cells of the apply ramp. As you can see the convertor is getting fully locked shortly after being commanded.

I didn't realize that the cursor was pulled, TC line pressure was maxed at 109.9 with 0 to -5 slip.

Last edited by 01 MidMet WS6; 03-13-2012 at 10:23 PM.
    01 WS6-M6, PRC Stage 2.5 5.3's, MS4, Kooks 1 3/4", custom built full true duals w/ X-pipe, SLP lid, tuned via HPTuners

Advanced Tuner
    01MimetWS6, would you mind to post a pic of the apply ramp you used for the car you did?, and were you shifting manually or letting Sport mode do the shifts for this log ?
    Last edited by bluegoat06; 03-20-2012 at 12:46 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Revisiting the thread where i left it, with TimC proposed increased in ramp rate, i have been super busy at work, but now that i have some time, i wanted to make the changes.

This is what i thought of running, only for the WOT portion, hence the question for you 01Midmet, not often i get to see changes for the stock verter

Advanced Tuner
    Gave it a try tonight, I didn't see 109.9 pressure, but at 106-107psi, the slip was negative.
    This was a 3rd gear test in manual mode

01MimetWS6, would you mind to post a pic of the apply ramp you used for the car you did?, and were you shifting manually or letting Sport mode do the shifts for this log ?

Here is my apply ramp, offset was set @ 50 psi and min adapt set to o. I lock the stock converters with really solid results. This was set to sport which I allow to lock in 3rd gear on up.
    01 WS6-M6, PRC Stage 2.5 5.3's, MS4, Kooks 1 3/4", custom built full true duals w/ X-pipe, SLP lid, tuned via HPTuners

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks a lot man, Do you have a preferred speed to command the 3rd lock in sport ?
    Right now i'm locking only in 3rd manual, becase the 3rd gear apply in sport mode is disabled from the factory, but i was thinking to mimic the apply in manual, which seems to happen around 90mph and 5400rpm or so in my case.

Thanks a lot man, Do you have a preferred speed to command the 3rd lock in sport ?
    Right now i'm locking only in 3rd manual, becase the 3rd gear apply in sport mode is disabled from the factory, but i was thinking to mimic the apply in manual, which seems to happen around 90mph and 5400rpm or so in my case.
    Play around with it and see what you like the most, I usually lock them pretty early in third. The car that I posted the screenshot of has 3.45's so the MPH is going to be substantially different than yours. Stock converters lock very nice and smooth, it is well worth taking advantage of.

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks a lot dude, i'll experiment with it.