Thread: Laptop Crashed. VCM suite 2.22 won't reintall

Tuner

Laptop Crashed. VCM suite 2.22 won't reintall

Product VCM suite 2.22
    Operating system Windows Vista

Problem: .net 2.0 software is installed and program will not reload into my replacement laptop. Keep getting a message that the net framework 2.0 is not installed but when I check programs or try to go to Microsoft website I get a message that it is already installed. How can I get up and running again? My suite was purchased in 2008 and fully registered. I have the CD, interface serial number and application key.
    H-E-L-P please. My engine needs further tuning.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Tried the new link and drivers. Program will not load. Message still comes up net. 2 framework needs to be installed. Still no dice. Computer runs a Pentium dual core with Vista Operating system. I am at a loss right now to get working.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Yeah I'm at a loss as well since its worked for hundreds of customers but not for you. There is no other link or fix as that download should and does fix the issue and I've tested it personally on vista & win 7 pc's.

Tuner
    Yeah I'm at a loss as well since its worked for hundreds of customers but not for you. There is no other link or fix as that download should and does fix the issue and I've tested it personally on vista & win 7 pc's.
    The download you reference appears to be an installer for modifying, repairing or deleting an already installed program. The other download item is the compressed MPVI driver file but this is the driver that connects the interface box to the USB bus. I have the VM Suite 2.22 on disc with its own installer and it won't install because it says that the .net framework program is still missing. In programs it shows that the microsoft .net framework 4 extended and .net framework client are already installed and working. Am I missing something here?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Yes you are missing the link to the 2.22 software I linked u to.

Tuner
    Yes you are missing the link to the 2.22 software I linked u to.
    If you are talking about the VCMSUITE-2_22_NOLC installer download I located that. Yes it is an installer and it does go through the process with no end result. There is no way to link and reinstall the 50MB + of files on the VCM Suite 2.22 CD that I purchased and registered . There is also a link on that thread that you pointed me to about driver files that contains AMD64 i386 ftdibus.ini security and setup info and an instruction link (that BTW doesn't work) but I beleive these are only for the USB interface?
    Still trying but I believe that HPtuners needs to offer a program for the mechanic,tuner and PC user not one for computer geeks or IP experts. We need simple to use tuning software that can be easily be installed or reinstalled on a laptop.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlagrua View Post
    If you are talking about the VCMSUITE-2_22_NOLC installer download I located that. Yes it is an installer and it does go through the process with no end result.
    That is ALL you need. I'm not sure what you mean by no end result, if it installs without an error it did its job and is doing what its supposed to do.

Tuner
    That is ALL you need. I'm not sure what you mean by no end result, if it installs without an error it did its job and is doing what its supposed to do.

It loaded but I had to do a few additional things to get it to work. I'll report on those later. Now I've got it loaded I'll see if it gets running. Thanks for your help.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by dlagrua View Post
    There is no way to link and reinstall the 50MB + of files on the VCM Suite 2.22 CD that I purchased and registered .
    This is the part I'm trying to figure out. Could you try and clarify this a little more?
    Jaime

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Glad you were able to get it working.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ElecTech View Post
    This is the part I'm trying to figure out. Could you try and clarify this a little more?
    Jaime: The software engineers at HPtuners sometimes overlook the fact that we are tuners, mechanics and PC users not IP professionals. If I were that good I would disassemble the GM code myself and save 100's on the software! While most of us can navigate a laptop, move files and make a few simple changes the point sometimes gets lost.
    Here is how I got reloaded after the crash:
    First : As per Bills advise I downloaded the VCMSUITE-2_22_NOLC installer file to a file folder that I named HPtuners. (Make sure that the file that you download has the NOLC file extention in it.) Next I copied every file on the VCM suite 2.22 CD, EXCEPT the installer/setup file to the HPtuners file folder. Then all I did was set up the revised installer (as the path was apparently now correct) as it hooked up to all the files in the newly created HPtuners file. (I had to temporary disable my anti-virus software to get it to load) . Now the program loads and displays but I am not sure if the USB interface to the MVPI box is working or not. I'll probably try a scan later.
    BTW for some reason, on the re-install I had to set up the desk top ikons manually.
    One last question for Bill. Is there anyway to tell if the scanner and editor are interfacing with the MPVI box without trying an actual scan or edit?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    You could do a vcm suite infolog, if it pulls the license info from the interface its working fine.

Tuner
    You could do a vcm suite infolog, if it pulls the license info from the interface its working fine.
    The program is puling the license info and vehicle files from the MPVI box so everything appears to be working correctly. Again, thank you neighbor for your kind assistance. Being computer challenged at times; it took me several tries to figure it all out but the important thing is that it worked!