Thread: New to the tuning world

Potential Tuner

New to the tuning world

Im new to all this tuning. I have a 98 Buick Regal GS that has a custom tune currently from someone else. But I wanna get into tuning it myself. But which kit would be best for me to start out with, the standard or the professional?

I've already read tons of helpful info that's on this site and will continue to do so. I'm just trying to figure out whats best for a beginner like me.

Senior Tuner
    The Pro, the data logger is the only way to go and makes hooking up a wide band a sinch! Having the lap top in the car all the time when you are tuning becomes a PITA real quick man
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Pro. Wideband tuning is where it's at.
    1999 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP

Ported SC/TB, Intense 3.4/3.25 Pulley's, SSAC Headers, AEM Uego Wideband, Devils Own Meth, ZZP 1.9 Modified Rockers, LS6 Springs, Manley Retainers, TransGo Shift Kit, Poly Dogbones, KYB GR2's, GMPP Brake and Suspension Upgrades, Springtech Springs.

If your in Kenosha, Im in Germantown (40 miles away) if you want to see how the wideband and PRO works. Im not in the business of tuning, just offering a peek at how it works if your curious. Send me a PM if your interested.
    2000 Regal GS ~ 3.25 Pulley ~ Headers ~ 3"ex ~ 1.85 Rockers
    Sold 06 TBSS ~ Front Mount T88 ~ 0-30 in 1.17 ~ 0-60 in 3.0
    Wanted ~ Engine-less 95/Older 4x4 ~ Jeep/S-10/Ranger for TT Project

Senior Tuner
    If you have plans in the future to buy a wideband and actually learn to use it...go PRO. When it comes to tuning your own vehicle completely you MUST use a wideband to do so. No you don't need the PRO edition to do it. You can DIY hook it up thru other means (waste of time in my opinion) and get same results. I prefer the PRO so i can setup quickly and tune multiple vehicles. My preference.
    Janky Monkey Tuning

Call or PM for tuning solutions.

Cell 210-954-4985

Wrench turning provided by 2 Tightwads Racing.

Tune your own? Start here ----> Open Editor ---> Hit F1...READ!

READ SOME MORE (Thank username 69Lt1bird): http://ls1tuningguide.com/

Still lost? Consult a Pro!

www.thetuningschool.com
    www.calibratedsuccess.com
    www.tunedbyfrost.com